Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Can anyone explain Rivas speed claims?

Is it just me or does it seem like they pull their numbers from a magic hat? They claim a 13mph gain with the stage one kit for the GTR. The ski runs 66-68 mph stock at 8020rpm. Yet they base the factory speed from 7800rpm in the description.

If I buy the kit,install it and run 79-81mph I'll be extremely happy. Although something is telling me that won't happen. You would think that a $5,000+ kit would have conclusive test data. I know that conditions change things,but you could list current conditions during testing.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2551

+1
    it's very easy. +3mph claim = $$$. +4mph claim = $$$$. +5mph claim = $$$$$

+1
    I can sell you a round short piece of gold extremely cheap. Don't mind that it looks like a dog turd, it really is gold. I promise.

Am I doing it right?

4. +1 by:

+1
    you got it! Slap a logo on that turd and sell it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spalding View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like they pull their numbers from a magic hat? They claim a 13mph gain with the stage one kit for the GTR. The ski runs 66-68 mph stock at 8020rpm. Yet they base the factory speed from 7800rpm in the description.

If I buy the kit,install it and run 79-81mph I'll be extremely happy. Although something is telling me that won't happen. You would think that a $5,000+ kit would have conclusive test data. I know that conditions change things,but you could list current conditions during testing.

Looks like it could be possible, if they set the rev limit to 8650+, which would require the Riva valve train upgrade Kit. Larger injectors, and a hell of alot more boost, than the stoock 6 psi charger...

Does it come with a grate, wedge, and prop too? The description seems to be lacking some info there...

7. +1 by:

+1

Thats a typo. On RIVA site GTR Stage1 is 71mph @ 8300rpm. The GTR hull is a turd to get any speed from. So, 5K for 3mph I would pass.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post

Thats a typo. On RIVA site GTR Stage1 is 71mph @ 8300rpm. The GTR hull is a turd to get any speed from. So, 5K for 3mph I would pass.
    jp gtr is the way to go ..

+1

A lot of the Riva claims are a joke. Ask anyone who bought their SCOM unit. They are very defensive and argumentative on the phone.. A sign they are used to dealing with unhappy customers IMO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpredviper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post

jp gtr is the way to go ..
    Where?

Someone on here did a turbo GTI(same hull) with standalone ecu, Les Cooke built engine, don't think it ever went over 80 mph.

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information