Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Kawasaki Ultra 250x

Well I would like to say I am down here having a good time with my ski but that's not the truth. I woke up today in a great mood ready to start my day off. I took both cars to the carwash and then took the ski to the carwash as well. I then decided I needed to burn out some old fuel in the ski before the next race in 10 days. I got on the water and let the ski warm up in the no wake zone with no problems. I then started riding around for about 10 min before hearing the ski start to rumble and squeak with a loud pitch. Next thing I know the ski just dies. I tried several times to start it back up with no luck. I wait 10 min and start her up no problem and pull the throttle and she dies. I try this a few times with the same result. I then start her up and let her idle back to the beach and put her on the trailer. I make a few calls to Paul Sternadel, John Hughes, and Dustin Burroughs all to hear the same thing. My gut all along thought it might have something to do with the Supercharger a very expensive part of the ski. I then immediately drive 3 hours back down to Poor Boys Powersports, LLC for her to get looked at. Thats where i sit now waiting to hear some news from Dustin on what's wrong with the ski. I just now am getting the bad news that the Supercharger is shot. I am almost in tears hearing this news. This probably means my race season is over with as I am sure I can't afford to get this fixed on my own. Anyways I hope all of your weekends have started off better than mine...
    If anyone has one for sale I need it asap or if anyone has any suggestions please get back with me.

Ryan O'Hara

Tell/show us what part of your s/c went bad.
    I will take a look at my stash of parts (from a couple bad s/c) and send you whatever parts you may need so that you would be able to rebuild yours.
    250/260 Ogura s/c is way easier to rebuild than the 300/310 Eaton-Kawi s/c.
    Last edited by meangreenman; 06-21-2014 at 01:29 AM.

3. +1 by:

+1
    meangreen is a great guy, hopefully he can help you out. If not, I will have one in XLT condition available for sale in about a week. PM me if interested and MG is SOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpactSportsTV View Post
    meangreen is a great guy, hopefully he can help you out. If not, I will have one in XLT condition available for sale in about a week. PM me if interested and MG is SOL
    Thanks. What kind of pricing we looking at?

+1
    I felt the same way when I took mine in for pump bearing and shaft upgrade and found out I needed to rebuild the whole freaking pump. Worth it tho. Good luck. Hopefully it's fixed soon. We are a dieing bread on are 250's. We need to keep em going lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by devils ride 250 View Post
    I felt the same way when I took mine in for pump bearing and shaft upgrade and found out I needed to rebuild the whole freaking pump. Worth it tho. Good luck. Hopefully it's fixed soon. We are a dieing bread on are 250's. We need to keep em going lol
    I found two websites selling them for around 18 hundred. Guess I am going to have to spend the money to be back on the starting line in 8 days. Man the racing stuff is expenive but yet so much fun. I am not ready to give up my points lead at all. Or my shot at a 3rd National Championship in a row (:

+1
    That is much cheaper than an engine or a new ski. At least this great Kawasaki design does not destroy the engine when the SC goes. Not to mention when it does just remove a hose and you can get back to the dock.

9. +1 by:

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oheezy404 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devils ride 250 View Post
    I found two websites selling them for around 18 hundred. Guess I am going to have to spend the money to be back on the starting line in 8 days. Man the racing stuff is expenive but yet so much fun. I am not ready to give up my points lead at all. Or my shot at a 3rd National Championship in a row (:
    thats abit high...... $1500 is more like what I would pay.

Waz

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Pm sent awhile ago

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Pm sent awhile ago
    Thanks I see it now....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information