Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1

    got bucked off today.

    So the wife and I went out for a ride on our 13' FZ.
    We rode out of miami 79st went north towards haulover and then hit the beach side towards government cut, we saw some bad weather moving in so we called it day.
    on the way back it started to rain and we saw lightning at a distance so I try to make some time and just boogied about a mile from the marina and at 70mph the ski said nope your going for a swim. It just came unhooked and slung us off. Thank god we basically just skidded on our backs. But my wife says her neck hurts so she might have tumbled a bit.
    I just don't understand how yamaha knowing there's an issue with the design why can't they offer a fix. Its just a simple intake grate and bam no more bucking.
    Well I'm glad we are okay but I have a feeling I will be reaching out to yamaha's legal department on this.

    Rant over.

    Alex


  2. #2
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,064
    +1
    790
    Glad your ok, but since you know about the Intake grate fix. I sure hope you have ordered one now.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3

    got bucked off today.

    Good luck, many have tried and have failed. You'd be another one of hundreds.. There is no way to prove it.

    How many hours did you get on your ski before you got bucked? If it doesn't happen every time you hit a certain speed then you won't have a fight.

    Save yourself the time and just buy the R&D grate.

    Glad ur both ok..
    Last edited by Jmfmk3; 06-20-2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: edit

  5. #4
    Guidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Living outside of Charleston SC.
    Posts
    2,206
    +1
    458
    Fearing the same, I replaced mine before the second outing. Well worth the peace of mind and handling.

  6. #5
    jimmy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    672
    +1
    115
    Been a few here in Aust that have come unstuck and thankfully no serious injuries. I hope Yamaha is not waiting for a serious injury or even worse to pay attention to the easy fix.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    Good luck, many have tried and have failed. You'd be another one of hundreds.. There is no way to prove it.

    How many hours did you get on your ski before you got bucked? If it doesn't happen every time you hit a certain speed then you won't have a fight.

    Save yourself the time and just buy the R&D grate.

    Glad ur both ok..
    The ski has 17hrs as of today.
    yes an r&d grate is on the way.
    I still think yamaha should pick up the bill.
    specifically being just the grate as it could have been worse if we needed to go to the hospital.

  8. #7
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    55
    Sorry to hear about your spill, but you said the ski was doing 70 mph? If so then you must have done something to make it faster considering you were riding 2 up and in this nasty Florida heat,
    so you may have a low 70's ski in decent weather riding riding solo? At this speed you should have changed the intake grate out a long time ago..

    I was one of the unfortunate ones that broke a bone and tore up ligaments a few years back on a stock fzr, and i searched for legal help and did plenty of research and was pretty much told to drop it that it was not gonna go in my favor in court.. So good luck.

  9. +1 by:


  10. #8
    Coco 70 is about all its got. It has very minor mods. I had not done the grate only cause I had not ordered it.
    but screw that. Next time its on the water it will have a grate. There was a new fx svho that was trying to race me when this happened I was just at full throttle trying to get to the marina. It was kind of sad right when this happened the guy didnt even stop to make sure everything was okay.

  11. #9
    I plan to mod the ski a bit more but I want to make sure I get the grate asap. Then reinforce the tunnel.
    I will be happy with 80mph just as long as it stays hooked.
    I wont lie this shook me up a bit today but I've been in worse situations coming from street bikes.

  12. #10
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexslow1k View Post
    Coco 70 is about all its got. It has very minor mods. I had not done the grate only cause I had not ordered it.
    but screw that. Next time its on the water it will have a grate. There was a new fx svho that was trying to race me when this happened I was just at full throttle trying to get to the marina. It was kind of sad right when this happened the guy didnt even stop to make sure everything was okay.

    Gotcha, but by making it faster than stock it will just make the problem worse as it will overstuff the pump sooner, and if you angle the ride plate for more speed it will also make it stuff sooner, Make sure you put the aftermarket grate on there for the next ride and you'll be alright.



    Quote Originally Posted by Alexslow1k View Post
    I plan to mod the ski a bit more but I want to make sure I get the grate asap. Then reinforce the tunnel.
    I will be happy with 80mph just as long as it stays hooked.
    I wont lie this shook me up a bit today but I've been in worse situations coming from street bikes.
    Trust me I know, I been on sport bikes, atvs and dirt bikes and broke both my arms and both legs, twice on the same foot and broke my femur in two places lol, but recovered 100% from all but the jet ski accident screwed up my ankle and it will never be the same, If a dog was to chase me he will definitely catch me and bite me lol.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stuffed, got bucked off my 2005 RXP
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
  2. Look what got dropped off today :)
    By bavboym3 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 12:56 PM
  3. I got bucked off at 70 mpr+
    By great lakes gpr 1200 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 07:29 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 05:04 AM
  5. got my rxp today guys!
    By djburkeen in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 06:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •