Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ultra 310 and 2015 ECU . . .

On Friday I was fortunate to get a 2015 ECU for my 310 Ultra. My first ride with the new ECU was today. My observations are as follows:

- The acceleration and "hit" from the bottom end is much much better. The "hit" from the bottom all the way to the top is outstanding.

- Top speed is 68.5 @ 7700 RPM. This was recorded GPS with 22 gallons in Tank in less than perfect atmospheric conditions.

- There is no "lag" as the Ski approaches top speed. The Ski pulls hard at all RPM's / speeds.

- It is a completely different Ski with 2015 ECU. At full throttle I think the Ski is using slightly more fuel than with stock 2014 ECU. But at 1/2 throttle and 3/4 throttle I think fuel usage is the same.

- More 2015 ECU's on the way from Japan. I highly recommend 2015 ECU for the 310 Ultra.

JB

Did you order the SCOM ? It might be pointless getting a new ecu if the scom does it all
    The ECU would be a 2014.5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by slope View Post
    Did you order the SCOM ? It might be pointless getting a new ecu if the scom does it all
    The ECU would be a 2014.5 ?
    No, this is a factory OEM 2015 ECU . . . With this ECU I don't think you need a SCOM (well, at least I don't). JB

Was it the same part# as in the other thread?
    Numbers on new ECU: 21175-0954

Banned User
    +1
    Factory ECU is still limited to 67. Still waiting for a acceleration test between the '14 with the "new" ECU and a 2011, both with a like new prop - doubt there is much in it

Glad you're still enjoying the ski JB

We can safely say that Kawi R&D has dozens of different ecu tunes. There's one for the intro for journalists - speed limit of say 72 with a lots of timing advance with race fuel !!!!
    Then there's some that push the limits of the engine and parts, real stress testing.

Then there's the final production one that no one really has tested haha, one that made it into the 2014 model. Being a programmer myself (not jetskis), this is how things happen in the real world. It's usually a mad rush at the end of things, not enough testing etc etc.

I'm wondering if the SCOM will work the same way with the 2015 ECU since they've been testing with the 2014 one.
    I have the install instructions for the 2014 Riva SCOM, they're different than last year, another connector was added and some other differences.
    I'd test out both ecu's with the scom before using the 2015 model

Slope, I have yet to meet anybody that can maintain 60 mph average in the open ocean. And that would include you! SCOM will get you peak speed in calm waters. But it won't get you average median speed you are suggesting here . . . especially if you are next to me JB

8. +1 by:

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Scom is for flat water coffee racers
    I agree JB . Average speed win races . But top speed will only be be advantage on smooth races.

And production ECU units WERE on demo days etc

Waz
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 06-22-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    On Friday I was fortunate to get a 2015 ECU for my 310 Ultra. My first ride with the new ECU was today. My observations are as follows:

- The acceleration and "hit" from the bottom end is much much better. The "hit" from the bottom all the way to the top is outstanding.

- Top speed is 68.5 @ 7700 RPM. This was recorded GPS with 22 gallons in Tank in less than perfect atmospheric conditions.

- There is no "lag" as the Ski approaches top speed. The Ski pulls hard at all RPM's / speeds.

- It is a completely different Ski with 2015 ECU. At full throttle I think the Ski is using slightly more fuel than with stock 2014 ECU. But at 1/2 throttle and 3/4 throttle I think fuel usage is the same.

- More 2015 ECU's on the way from Japan. I highly recommend 2015 ECU for the 310 Ultra.

JB
    JB's 310 looked tight out there, strong.... was pulling hard

Glad to hear the ECU has been fixed. Although I am being told there is nothing wrong with the current ECU, this report tells a different story. Any idea when this might be available for purchase?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information