Contemplating selling my Seadoo?

Kinda got into a new and more expensive hobby (car) and keeping and running the Seadoo will be real tight on money. For instance, I normally go through $1400/1600 gas a year in this thing, lol. I live directly on the river so I can ride all the time, even leave the ski in the water. Not only funds, but I got this new 2SS manual Camaro and I've totally lost all interest in riding my Seadoo since getting the car. My Seadoo ski is on my all time top five favorite things I've ever owned (like top three, my new car is number one). I was a motocross racer and I even love the ski better than any MX bike I've owned or raced. It's like the perfect summer hobby and riding one of these things is such a different experience than riding a machine on solid ground. I've never felt more free than when I'm out on the water, lol. But yea, a new hobby has stole my interest, both are expensive, and I'm not made out of money. I do have an ad online for it but I just fear once the new car excitement starts to wear off I'd want to hang myself for selling my Seadoo RXP. Normally I would go out riding multiple times a day but I haven't had the urge to ride at all.

I dunno what to do. BTW, what's a good asking price for a 2008 RXP 215 that was bought as a left over only two years ago with currently 130hrs and trailer I bought brand new with the ski with cover and all original docs? I put it up for $6999 and have been getting tons of calls (more than anything else I've sold online) but they seem to keep balking at the hours. Is my price too high? Is 130hrs too much on these things to scare people off? I mean, the thing looks mint inside and out and runs just like it came off the showroom! Supercharger has been rebuilt at the 100hr mark. I could always buy a brand new one a couple years down the road when finances allow multiple toys but right now gas for the Seadoo really isn't in the budget. Should I just keep it around for later? Maybe I'll get back into it? Honestly, I raced MX for years and when I got out of it, I never looked back. I've been hooked solid to PWC's for the last four years since getting my first one but hobbies come and go...

Anyhow, am I pricing my ski correctly? I'm really 50/50 about keeping it. Like flip a coin and let the coin decide, heh. What do you guys think?

+1
    130 is low hours. People are clowns

Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post
    130 is low hours. People are clowns
    Crazy thing is, people keep calling and asking about the hours when the hours is stated in the ad, lol. But yea, they seem to keep shying away when I tell them the hours I'll get an "Oh....." Like they're thinking "OMG" in their head, heh. But the machine is flawless looking inside and out, I store it under an awning with cover and keep it waxed and protected so it actually shines better than the day I took it home brand new. It also runs like brand new and all maintenance has been done by a licensed Seadoo dealer including the supercharger rebuild. I think I've been more meticulous with maintenance on this machine than anything else I've ever owned. I've ran nothing but Shell V-power in it too.

+1
    Tire kickers. If their serious, they'll come look, then they would be sold if it's as clean as you say it is.

+1
    Congrats on the car. If you sell the ski you will only wish you had it. You will get the urge to ride back once the newness of the car wears off. itll get even stronger if you get rid of it. There's my .02

+1
    You saying you live directly on the river is what makes me wonder how you would be able to get rid of it. If you had to drive half way to hell to get it wet and never get around to doing it, well I could see selling it then. Are you condemning yourself to be a land lubber?

I bought my 2007 RXT with cover, w/o trailer with 27hrs on it for $6,700 4 yrs ago next month. The guy had paid $11.5k new. He restored cars for a living. I drove all the way from San Jose to LA to pick it up. My first and only ski.

I was looking at a local guy's 2 RXP's w/trailer for $11.5k at the time, but because they had 120 hours ea and they had never had the SC rebuilt, I didn't get them. He was in the neighborhood too. They were in great condition.

I think your the only one who will really know and appreciate the care you have put into that machine to keep it up. People are looking for a deal.

Keep the price the same through most of the summer before dropping it. Ski fever season has just begun! Your not out any money by holding on to it a bit longer.

+1
    Hello Emig5m, I can totally relate to your situation. I have been a pilot since I was 19. I still have ownership in 3 aircraft and since I took up CC racing PWC's. I have not flown even 1 hour on my planes for over a year & half. I am not even current now, and would have to get an FAA check out. So I understand hobby changes.

+1
    If you don't owe a dime on it I say keep it. You live on the water and the urge to get on the water is always going to be there. In the big picture gas is cheap. Your spending a lot of money now. But if you aren't riding as much your going to save money. Do half the riding its half the cost to run it.

Thread Information