+1

Broken Side Protectors/bumpers

Hey Guys

So i was out riding today nothing abnormal and when i came back in my friend pointed out that one of my side protectors was missingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20140622_144158.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	333425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140622_144206.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	333426 the cheap plastic rivets i guess broke when playing in the waves....If you have them just go make sure your not about to lose them I will be contacting seadoo tomorrow as well as my dealer as i only have 4 hours on the boat.

Cheers

+1
    Didn't they come with doublesided 3M-tape?

+1
    Dealer installed them, not to sure.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Those are a waste of money, along with the front storage basket, reboarding step, chill shade.
    Anyways, I seen on other sparks those bumpers come off, at first I was like wtf is that? Then I look closely and noticed, to begin with them bumpers installed from a distance look like your spark is missing the rub rails or it fell off the trailer.

The front storage basket....well I see my buddies, gets water inside all the time, they have a 1/4 inch gap at the lid, so this is not even close to any type of semi dry storage, everything will get wet.

Other than that we are loving the spark, we put it to the test every time we go out, we drive it like a spunken monkey!

Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    Those are a waste of money, along with the front storage basket, reboarding step, chill shade.
    Anyways, I seen on other sparks those bumpers come off, at first I was like wtf is that? Then I look closely and noticed, to begin with them bumpers installed from a distance look like your spark is missing the rub rails or it fell off the trailer.

The front storage basket....well I see my buddies, gets water inside all the time, they have a 1/4 inch gap at the lid, so this is not even close to any type of semi dry storage, everything will get wet.

Other than that we are loving the spark, we put it to the test every time we go out, we drive it like a spunken monkey!
    I don't think the storage bucket was designed to keep anything dry.. It's full of holes.. I put anything I want to keep dry into a dry bag then into the storage bin..

+1
    Dealer is replacing free of charge thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post

Agree with everything but the storage bin. It is clearly not meant to be 'dry' but is perfect for holding fenders, tow rope, collapsible paddle and a couple of bottles of water. The alternative is a backpack and I already look dumb enough in the wetsuit!

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    The reason I said that about the storage bin, having a friend first time buyer, he was under the impression on the website and other pics, (not available to see in person) he purchased it thinking it would be some sort of semi dry storage. Dealer never mentioned anything about the gaps.

I did not know they were wet storage until i saw my friend storage bucket.

You would think that with a little more engineering they could have came up with something so keep water out.

Just my .02 cents.

If a woman or a guy that doesn't know about this, and they have only seen previous storage bins on seadoos, yamaha's etc. And never seen one on the spark in person maybe the will go in there or maybe order it off ebay not knowing it wont stay dry.

No where is noted that it has a big gap around the lid. And I strongly think they should. My friend was dissapointed after he was done installing it, not only that he drove 2 hrs just to get that storage bin.

I'm not bitching just don't like to see newcomers get fooled by information not being present for the product.

Thread Information