Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cant Decide on new ski!

Trying to decide on a new Ski.Im in a toss up between the FX SVHO or FZS SVHO.Im also considering the Ultra 310.Not as much since its much higher priced than the Yamahas. Im wanting something that handles nice even though im not bouy racing.Stable at high and idle speeds.(Not tipsy) Also want something i can jump waves in the big wake.The place where big wakes are they can be 6-9ft of wakes from houseboatds,cruisers and wake boats. First shi i have owned was a 2008 RXPX255 and last year had a 12 Ultra300x. I just cant seem to find my way to one of the other.I also have read countless stuff,especially on here, and watch youtube video reviews.

Im in the same boat. Had a 2014 fzr. Now deciding whether to get a another 2014 fz or 2014 fx

+1
    I'd get the FX SVHO. Good balance in speed and handling. I have an FZR SVHO and after riding the FX, thinking of getting that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by leejax01 View Post
    I'd get the FX SVHO. Good balance in speed and handling. I have an FZR SVHO and after riding the FX, thinking of getting that instead.
    Did the fx feel sluggish to you compared to the fz? Thats my biggest concern im used to being fast lol

Quote Originally Posted by Miamifzs2013 View Post
    Did the fx feel sluggish to you compared to the fz? Thats my biggest concern im used to being fast lol
    That a big dilemma for me too.

Im thinking with the new hull design on the FX it will handle good enough for me especially coming from a Ultra that slides through turns mostly.Also there may be a small difference in acceleration against a FZS but everyone i talk to says that will be ate up quick with the stability and hook of the FX in the chop.

I just bought an FX. FZS doesn't have as many features like as much storage, cruise control. It is more of a bare bones race ski. FX is still as quick or quicker than your RXP and 300X, from my research.

Check out my thread in 'open discussion' forum about why I bought the FX.

+1
    The FX SVHO didn't feel sluggish at all and actually was a better overall ride in varying conditions

Quote Originally Posted by n8dgr84 View Post
    I just bought an FX. FZS doesn't have as many features like as much storage, cruise control. It is more of a bare bones race ski. FX is still as quick or quicker than your RXP and 300X, from my research.

Check out my thread in 'open discussion' forum about why I bought the FX.
    You think the FXSVHO is as fast as the Ultra300?

What did you like better?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information