Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help on picking the Ulra 310 over New SVHOs

Trying to decide on a new Ski.Im in a toss up between the FX SVHO or FZS SVHO.Im also considering the Ultra 310.Not as much since its much higher priced than the Yamahas. Im wanting something that handles nice even though im not bouy racing.Stable at high and idle speeds.(Not tipsy) Also want something i can jump waves in the big wake.The place where big wakes are they can be 6-9ft of wakes from houseboatds,cruisers and wake boats. First shi i have owned was a 2008 RXPX255 and last year had a 12 Ultra300x. I just cant seem to find my way to one of the other.I also have read countless stuff,especially on here, and watch youtube video reviews.

***Also why is there a few differences between the Riva Stage 1 for the FX SVHO and FZS SVHO?***
    FX uses new intake grate and pump seal.
    FZ uses Speed Limiter bypass and new rideplate.

+1
    there is a reason it's priced higher. you get more power, A LOT more storage, a stronger hull(youll need to reinforce the pump tunnel on the yammi for wave jumping), bulletproof SC setup, Ultra will stay hooked up better etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hi im drummer03 View Post
    Trying to decide on a new Ski.Im in a toss up between the FX SVHO or FZS SVHO.Im also considering the Ultra 310.Not as much since its much higher priced than the Yamahas. Im wanting something that handles nice even though im not bouy racing.Stable at high and idle speeds.(Not tipsy) Also want something i can jump waves in the big wake.The place where big wakes are they can be 6-9ft of wakes from houseboatds,cruisers and wake boats. First shi i have owned was a 2008 RXPX255 and last year had a 12 Ultra300x. I just cant seem to find my way to one of the other.I also have read countless stuff,especially on here, and watch youtube video reviews.

***Also why is there a few differences between the Riva Stage 1 for the FX SVHO and FZS SVHO?***
    FX uses new intake grate and pump seal.
    FZ uses Speed Limiter bypass and new rideplate.
    this might assist. http://www.pwcoffshore.com/PWC_Buying_Guide.html

The PWC Offshore buyers guide fails to mention anything about the problematic 2014 310 ECU. I would wait til 2015 if you're considering a 310.

+1
    Go with the fzr svho is so much funner, I was on the same debate, a few months ago, and could not be happier, I rode with a kawasaki once and the fuel consumption is more, but not that crazy, but he looks like his bored, while I have to engage waves, stand, water splashing, man its fun. I do not regret it. And about fast, man offshore in this miami water, boats can't even go pass 40mph, so I ski is not gonna go that much faster. Those chops are no joke. I didn't understand that at first wen a friend try to explain it, but now I do. So I would get the one u really like. Cause wen it comes down to it, ur the one that's gotta be looking at it and riding it. My 2 cents
    Last edited by Bushwick718; 06-23-2014 at 04:09 PM.

+1
    Good news is u can't go wrong either way. Can't speak for the yamaha I don't have one. The ultra is very reliable. My 07 250 has been great. Also we go out to a sand bar out side the inlet in Maryland and ona good day u will see 8-15' breakers. I feel really comfortable on my big ultra and it'll fly too regardless of the weight. Now the last two weeks I've taken my 2 year old out three times to a river and a lake spot near me and it's been flat. A more flat haul would be more fun on the flat water but it makes up for it in the ocean which is what i normally ride Ya it's been fun and I appreciate the stability of the ultra haul regardless of what a hand full of people say it's very very stable at low speeds and idol My next ski will be an ultra again

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwick718 View Post
    ...And about fast, man off hire in this miami water boats can't even go pass 40, so I ski is not gonna go that faster. I didn't understand that at first, but now I do....
    Can you explain what this means?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    ...And about fast, man off hire in this miami water boats can't even go pass 40, so I ski is not gonna go that faster. I didn't understand that at first, but now I do....
    i was worry about everyone leaving me behind cause i decided to buy the "flat hull" ski, but wen it comes down to it, here in miami wen we ride, the chops dont let the kawi or the rxt-x go much faster than me. so if that was a concern, it really shouldn't be. its very rare wen i been out that theres has been a wide enough gap between me and everyone else. thats all im saying. and i already have 30hrs on mines and its just been 2 months.

+1
    i was worry about everyone leaving me behind cause i decided to buy the "flat hull" ski, but wen it comes down to it, here in miami wen we ride, the chops dont let the kawi or the rxt-x go much faster than me. so if that was a concern, it really shouldn't be. its very rare wen i been out that theres has been a wide enough gap between me and everyone else. thats all im saying. and i already have 30hrs on mines and its just been 2 months.
    not trying to down talk your ski, but I think the guy on the Kawi is just trying to stick with you. Kinda like when I ride with my buddy that has a VX, I don't pin it back and leave him in my wake, but I'll keep it around 30-40 so we can both enjoy a day at the lake just cruising. Until I see a FZ or P-X, then it's hammer down!

+1

I could care less about the situation as far as what ski goes what.........i just wanna know what the hell you do for a living that allows you to ride 30 hours in two months......im lucky to ride 30 a year and im the owner of my company lol.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information