04 GTX/SC Supercharger Probs

Hey all,
    Heres my problem my sea-doo dealer had told me three times i do not need to worry about my supercharger because he as only seen one that has failed he tells me its only a problem with those who ride in the ocean.
    I have sent him threads i have found here an he still feels i should not do anything . My ski has 103 hrs and runs 62 on the speedo at 7650rpms
    please help and let me know what i should get done to protect my ski!!!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman1998 View Post
    Hey all,
    Heres my problem my sea-doo dealer had told me three times i do not need to worry about my supercharger because he as only seen one that has failed he tells me its only a problem with those who ride in the ocean.
    I have sent him threads i have found here an he still feels i should not do anything . My ski has 103 hrs and runs 62 on the speedo at 7650rpms
    please help and let me know what i should get done to protect my ski!!!
    For starters, welcome to the boards. You'll learn a lot, don't be afraid to ask, and have fun....OH, and good choice for a first post...

Upgrading the clutches can happen in 1 of 2 ways...Either you do it BY CHOICE to prevent issues...or you do it because you have NO CHOICE after they break and contaminate your motor...

The upgrade is not that hard to do, and if you are good with a wrench you can remove the unit yourself and ship it to GH...

My father has the same ski, and after reading this site all winter, he has decided to get the upgrade...

For one thing to do, send the SC to Jerry and get it rebuilt. 100 hours is the magic number for SC's.

thanks for the info what would need to be done and what would the cost be!!!! thanks guys!!!

+1
    Welcome to the forum!

Your dealer is only exposed to a few skis so he doesn't see many failures. We here at greenhulk.net are world wide and we have seen 100's of failures. You don't want to have your engine ingest ceramic clutch washers i assure you. It isn't pretty!

Here is more info on my supercharger rebuilding service. At 100+ hours you will want the ceramic bearings and metal clutch washers.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Your dealer is only exposed to a few skis so he doesn't see many failures. We here at greenhulk.net are world wide and we have seen 100's of failures. You don't want to have your engine ingest ceramic clutch washers i assure you. It isn't pretty!

Here is more info on my supercharger rebuilding service. At 100+ hours you will want the ceramic bearings and metal clutch washers.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

DOO IT....

you're dot.net family will be SO PROUD of you

Thread Information