Thread: Bad Starter??

Bad Starter??

ok, I've read pages and pages and still lost...I'm really trying to do this myself but losing hope...Had ski turning over good and was able to do a compression test, happy with result but no spark..Went out yesterday for more troubleshooting and couldn't get to turn over!...relay just clicks! I even hooked jump cables from truck to battery which was reading abou 12.5 volts...I can feel the starter is rusty and I'll guess original('99 65u engine) so thats a good possibility but the kicker is, I'm getting no dash power...if starter was bad, would it draw juice to keep panel from lighting up? any help appreciated!

Northport, AL
    Had a similar problem last weekend...just a clicking relay. Ground cable was a little loose on the battery. Quick twist with a phillips head screwdriver and it fired right up.

haha....wish I could be that lucky....triple checked that one but thanks for idea! keep'm coming!

removed starter tonight...what a @#!%^&*!(saltwater ski) anyway, its a mitsuba...anyone know is this oem or aftermarket?

wow, where is everyone?? riding? Would like to know if the mitsuba is oem or aftermarket? thanks!

Does it matter what it is? Replace it and move on. Try to buy oem, but really, just get what you can afford..

The starter motor on GH oem parts is 475.00, mitsu's(the same as I removed which was actually fine and not the problem) are 45 bux on ebay....if they are the same, it wouldn't make sense....If not, then I have a decision to make

Thread Information