Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: GP1300 issue

  1. #1

    GP1300 issue

    So im looking for a little help. Im pretty new in the jetski stuff so my knowledge isnt vast in these things. I put the ski in yesterday to take it for a spin. It starts with no problem and sounds great at idle. I gave it partial throttle and it barley moved and sounded like it was tossing rocks around, it also would shake real bad at anything above idle. I limped it over back to the trailer took it out and looked in the nozzle and at the grate to see if i sucked anything up and it looked clear. From what i have read it seems like it might be cavitation. The ski does have some mods done from the previous owner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


  2. #2
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    check compression first, if it check out ok make sure every plug is firing. ground the plugs on the head and check spark.

  3. #3
    waveblasterlynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Posts
    20
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by gt35rsr View Post
    So im looking for a little help. Im pretty new in the jetski stuff so my knowledge isnt vast in these things. I put the ski in yesterday to take it for a spin. It starts with no problem and sounds great at idle. I gave it partial throttle and it barley moved and sounded like it was tossing rocks around, it also would shake real bad at anything above idle. I limped it over back to the trailer took it out and looked in the nozzle and at the grate to see if i sucked anything up and it looked clear. From what i have read it seems like it might be cavitation. The ski does have some mods done from the previous owner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    how does it rev out of water?

    are the 4 engine mounts good?

    did you check the intake area for blockage?

  4. #4
    I did a compression test and everything came back great. I dont have the exact numbers with me. The 4 mounts seem to look good. I am going to hook it up to the hose after work tonight and check that. I checked the intake area a few times and didnt find anything.

  5. #5
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by gt35rsr View Post
    I did a compression test and everything came back great. I dont have the exact numbers with me. The 4 mounts seem to look good. I am going to hook it up to the hose after work tonight and check that. I checked the intake area a few times and didnt find anything.
    what's great for you? we need actual numbers, also outside the water you are not going to be able to rev the engine, 1300s run like crap w/o a load.
    also my friend lee brought one to me idling perfect and only missing at mid/ high speed, we found out that one of the spark plug wires were out of the coil and still was idling properly, like someone pull on it and it came out .

  6. #6
    Ill get the compression numbers today. It ran great on the hose last night and sounded good. When i had it in the water the other day if i gave it any throttle it barley moved and sounded horrible. Someone suggested taking the grate off and the pump to see if everything is okay with the drive shaft and couplers.

  7. #7
    BahamasGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Nassau, Bahamas
    Posts
    174
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by gt35rsr View Post
    Ill get the compression numbers today. It ran great on the hose last night and sounded good. When i had it in the water the other day if i gave it any throttle it barley moved and sounded horrible. Someone suggested taking the grate off and the pump to see if everything is okay with the drive shaft and couplers.

    Check driveshaft. Coupling is slipping under load. On hose on trailer sounds ok because no load.

  8. #8
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by gt35rsr View Post
    Ill get the compression numbers today. It ran great on the hose last night and sounded good. When i had it in the water the other day if i gave it any throttle it barley moved and sounded horrible. Someone suggested taking the grate off and the pump to see if everything is okay with the drive shaft and couplers.
    remove the pump and check the splines on the driveshaft , post a picture.

  9. #9
    mcdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    36
    +1
    2
    Wear ring could be bad too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gp1300 issue
    By CAPs GPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-16-2016, 08:23 PM
  2. 06 gp1300 issues
    By insanegpr in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 08:31 AM
  3. gp1300 throttle response issue
    By hooksgp1300 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 08:55 PM
  4. Gp1300 oil issue
    By Private in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 11:14 AM
  5. Stage I Issues on GP1300
    By jaycee in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •