08 rxpx p1520 code.

My ski has 42 hrs on it and when I'm at full throttle and I let of the gas completely the p1520 code pops up and says "supercharger oil" and it goes into limp mode. If I just let it go back down to idle it's perfectly fine again. Its happened several times. Usually if I let off the throttle slowly the code will not pop up. Its 100% stock. Nothing has been modified at all. I've been researching the code but I haven't really found any real answers for it.

I'm most likely going to order a oil pressure switch tomorrow. I was wondering if the supercharger had its own oil sensor or not.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by critter_stl View Post
    I'm most likely going to order a oil pressure switch tomorrow. I was wondering if the supercharger had its own oil sensor or not.
    No SC sensors, just a maint required message, after so many hours of use.

+1
    Change the oil, the pressure regulator is probably sticking. It's in the bottom or pto cover.

+1
    P1520

"Critical Low Oil Level Detected"

Check your oil level. These skis do burn oil. I change my oil every 50 hrs, and I usually have to add some during that time frame.

Critter - did your problem get fixed? Anyone know?

+1
    Every ski I have worked on with this exact same problem always ended up being the oil pressure regulator. I have seen a lot of regulator springs collapse and are out of spec. Replace the inner and outer springs, piston/cage, and plug to be safe. Male sure to properly preload it (in the shop manual) and you should be back on the water. Obviously change the oil pressure switch first.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    Every ski I have worked on with this exact same problem always ended up being the oil pressure regulator. I have seen a lot of regulator springs collapse and are out of spec. Replace the inner and outer springs, piston/cage, and plug to be safe. Male sure to properly preload it (in the shop manual) and you should be back on the water. Obviously change the oil pressure switch first.

Thanks Slow... My mechanic already changed the switch... here's the story and why I asked Critter above:

Purchased an '06 RXT a couple months back with 90 hrs on it. Only put 5 hours on it since purchase and light riding with children. Last week suddenly got P1520 code, OIL light, beeping and limp mode when above 3200RPMs. Dealer replaced oil pressure switch and fixed the issue, however now if I let off the throttle too fast, I get the same P1520 code with limp mode and oil light. Will run full speed no problem but alarms come on only now when coming off the throttle too fast.

The washer in the supercharger were replaced proactively at 65 hours with steel washers and the old ceramic washers are still in tact (guy gave them to me when I bought it), so I don't think there is debris in the oil system as some threads have pointed out. Dealer tried to sell me on a complete rebuild because he said debris from the old ceramic washers could be in the system. Dealer is replacing the oil regulator next week and hoping this will fix the problem.

Thread Information