+1

jet ski trip ideas?

I am from southern indiana. I will be riding mostly at patoka lake and monror lake. I will visit the ohio river at evansville from time to time. I would like to take a trip once or twice a year with the jet ski. Do you guys have any ideas or past trips you would like to share?

we are thinking about a miami to bimini trip in a few years once our skill is up to the challange.

+1
    Mike, I bought my ski in May last year. Only rode it a couple of times before putting my 55 year old 300 pound ass on it in Miami and heading for Bimini--with 4 other guys. I wasn't much in the skill department is all I'm saying.

We have a gathering down here in Louisiana called "MudBug." You just missed it this year but we had folks from NJ, TN, TX, LA, AL, MS, FL, and I'm sure I'm missing some places, but a LOT of folks come down just to ride the swamps.

You can always ride at the race events. I would love to attend the Long Beach to Catalina race. Shucks, I might even be persuaded to participate in that one although I'm relatively sure I won't be in the top hundred. There are races all over including Lake Havasu, AZ, several places in FL, and all around the country.

+1
    Drivingziggy a couple of us are planning this trip for next May or June I have about 16 people going right now I'm sure some will fall off I have a lot of things working on this trip but one thing I'm struggling with is where to leave the cars and trailers safely what did you guys do or do you have any suggestions?

+1
    We utilized Crandon Park Marina on Key Biscayne. Just drive in, launch, park, go to the machine with your credit card and tell it how many days you're leaving your vehicle/trailer there, pay, leave ticket on dash. Our equipment did not appear to have been disturbed at all. There were plenty of parking spaces since we left on a week day. But when we returned on Sunday, it was a mad house! They had cops directing traffic into the marina. Very busy!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    We utilized Crandon Park Marina on Key Biscayne. Just drive in, launch, park, go to the machine with your credit card and tell it how many days you're leaving your vehicle/trailer there, pay, leave ticket on dash. Our equipment did not appear to have been disturbed at all. There were plenty of parking spaces since we left on a week day. But when we returned on Sunday, it was a mad house! They had cops directing traffic into the marina. Very busy!
    Thanks thats what I was looking for. We plan (of course who knows when we will really be able to) to leave on a monday and return thursday or friday for the same reason we will get down to Miami late Saturday trying to leave some weather days incase.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemounlio View Post
    I am from southern indiana. I will be riding mostly at patoka lake and monror lake. I will visit the ohio river at evansville from time to time. I would like to take a trip once or twice a year with the jet ski. Do you guys have any ideas or past trips you would like to share?

we are thinking about a miami to bimini trip in a few years once our skill is up to the challange.
    Any where from Panama City Beach Fla, to Pensacola Beach is a very nice area to ride and hand out.

Thread Information