Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Loan for used ski

Hey guys a little confused with this.. I'm looking at an fzs going for 8k and I have 4k cash to put down as far as coming up with a loan is it extremely hard to obtain? The ski has 40hrs and is a 2010. My credit is good between my truck payment and credit card use I shouldn't have a problem getting a 4k loan. Anotner question would they give me a check with that amount or how does it work? When I was looking at private trucks for sale the owner would have to meet me at the bank inorder to make the deal.. Just trying to figure out if I get a check or how it works since the ski is located 2 1/2s away and don't think the guy will drive up to meet at the credit union I use for loans.. And yes I already checked gte financial is 2 hours away from him nothing in his area

any insight would be great.. Just don't wanna go to a dealer and pay there fees, taxes and nonsense and don't have the cash to buy one I want out right

+1
    call your credit union or bank and ask as everyone will be different. But to be honest you might be better of buying a new one with a better rate if you expect to take a few years paying it off... just a thought.

+1
    Hello speedfreak95, I have been giving this matter of yours some real thought ... and I must say " think long an hard about financing a hobby". Some on here may say boo to that, and have no concerns ... but remember, your insurance cost will be higher, and if you suffer any damage or engine loss etc. your ins in some cases will not cover them fully. The reason I say this is just a few weeks ago, I was racing CC, and had a big smack up. I T-boned a 2013 300x that the kid was financing. He would not be able to use his insurance and has to handle cost of repairs ($2K) on his own. As you know unless you do go through a dealership in most cases you have no waranties. Take your $4K and find the best late model deal out there ... you will be much happier in the long run. Well that's my 2 cents. Good Luck

+1
    Call me crazy but I dont think I would be adding insurance.. The idea of a new ski with 0 hours and no warranty sounds like a dream but at the moment financing a 13-15k ski and owing 9k (possibly a $300 payment a month) is not financially ideal for me.. I figured a small 4k loan on an 8k ski would be reasonable paying 120ish or more a month wouldnt be much of an issue for 2 years.
    Obviously cash is king but even gp1300rs are going for 4500 plus and I heard there not that great with 4 riders

+1
    Also the ski I'm interested in has a 3 year warranty left that he said he would take 1200 to transfer it or would sell the ski and trailer for 7800

+1
    I've had zero luck getting loans on older private party used ski's...period. Just too much risk and not ebough rewards for the banks. If you find a used ski that's at a dealer you will have better luck...and wouldn't insurance be mandatory on any financed vehicle?

+1
    By time you figure in interest rates and warranty, your best bet might be to buy new.

I know that's what was ideal for me. I could have picked up a used 2008+ for around $7500 with no warranty and around 10% interest. I was able to buy brand new with a 3 year warranty and 1.9% on a 5 year note on $11k. I pay more then required and will have the note paid by time the warranty is up. If something should happen financially I know I can kick back my payment amount and be just fine,and at 1.9% who cares.

Im im not saying this is the smartest way to go about it,but it made sense to me. Not everyone can afford to pay cash.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak95 View Post
    I heard there not that great with 4 riders
    Four people on one watercraft?

There are only three models ever made that were rated for four passengers, all of them long out of production.

+1
    3 riders.. Also don't these depreciate super fast? All I wanna do is get on the water.. Okay I'm gonna shop around wish me luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak95 View Post
    3 riders.. Also don't these depreciate super fast? All I wanna do is get on the water.. Okay I'm gonna shop around wish me luck
    Good luck. If and when you find some ski you are interested in...feel free to post about it back here for help in deciding.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information