Buying a new ski seadoo GTR 215 or Yamaha VXR

have had both brands, I think they both have their strengths, the seadoo seems better built and I have yet to hear a bad word about it. I like the Yam cause its cheaper, I had a VX110 two years ago with 530 hours and it was still cranking albeit burning a little oil.

I would love to hear your opinions and would love to hear what kind of deals people are getting on these two boats.

Thanks

Doug

+1
    The GTR has a better hull , VXR is a great motor and pulls hard for a NA ...

But the GTR has more performance upgrades being an SC ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SD1 View Post
    have had both brands, I think they both have their strengths, the seadoo seems better built and I have yet to hear a bad word about it. I like the Yam cause its cheaper, I had a VX110 two years ago with 530 hours and it was still cranking albeit burning a little oil.

I would love to hear your opinions and would love to hear what kind of deals people are getting on these two boats.

Thanks

Doug
    Test drive a PX260 and you'll never look back

4. +1 by:

+1
    I've ridden my budy's VXR yesterday and man I wanted to go back on my RXP-X in a hurry. Although the VXR is fun to play with and will do fine on glass water. Otherwise, it unhooks like crazy. The GTR has great ernonomics and is a sweet ride. I've ridden the GTI - same haul.

+1
    I'd take the GTR under most circumstances. Your getting a pretty loaded up jet ski overall. With the Yamaha VXR it was built more towards a price point. So you don't get any bells and whistles, not even trim. IBR system on the Seadoo alone is worth the little bit of price difference.

About the only way I'd choose a VXR over a GTR is if I was a river rider riding long distances most weekends. Then the hull/ride quality won't come in play as much and VXR gets good gas mileage. Outside of that perfect world the GTR pretty much beats the VXR all around and the GTR has room to mod with if the speed/power bug hits you.

Thanks for the comments, Yeah I am sure a Px260 would be great for the kids!!!!! I dont ride as much and its mostly for the kids, they are all 15-18 and have ridden mostly seadoos two GTX 155hp and we had a kawa ultra 250 lst year that was my least favorite of the 4 skis we have had. I was buying and then reselling the ski every summer which was easy on teh pocket book but hassle for me time and logistically. I want to buy a boat and leaning hard towards the GTR and keep it for 4-5-6 years. I dont need to be the fastest boat on the lake nor do I want to worry about dock rash and inevitable scratches and mishaps that teens/pwc produce. If I can get teh boat for around 10K it will be plenty of boat and relatively inexpensive if we keep it for 4-5years. What kind of deal should I expect? I see the top models discounted 2k, can I get that on a GTR??

+1
    With kids I might even think about 2 60HP Sparks. Upgrade with Vtech reflash so your pushing over 100HP. Not the fastest in the world but fun and as hell.

They sip gas compared to any full ski. You could fill them both up and the kids could run about 8 to 12 hours on that tank of gas. GTR you maybe filling up a 15 gallon tank very frequently as you can burn through a tank easily in 4 hours of playing and even less if your really having fun on it.

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=423357

Here is a write up from someone with a VXS , and a GTR. The VXS is the same as the VXR , but with a 3 person seat.

+1
    You are going to get biased responses based on where you post your question. Each ski has pros and cons and you'll most likely be happy either way you go.

Thread Information