Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fx svho vs fzr svho

I am considering both skis atm. I'm hearing both skis perform very well, however, I hear the FX is a better and more controlled ski through the chop and at top speed? I don't ride in the Ocean and most of the lakes I ride at have very mild chop. So chop is really not an issue, but can anyone confirm this? I'm wondering side by side which ski would be better all around from hole shot, mid range to top end? Would they be 100% equal? Or would 1 ski stand out some what? I hear the FZR is faster stock vs stock(not sure if that's true) and I'm don't mean just faster in the top end, but all around. I also hear the FX mod'd or performs the FZR mod'd becasue you have more control top end? I think both skis look great, however, I lean towards the FZR's looks. I think it looks more sleek and tougher. Which every Ski I get will have a R&D T1 Turbo installed right away along with all the other necessary goodies. I only want the T1 turbo, so I don't have to really Mod the inside of the ski. I don't want to get into that. I should be buying it this week, so any advice would be appreciated.

+1
    I would and did go with the FZR, now in stock form the FZR handling is just ok but with the right grate, ride plate and sponsons it handles great its night and day difference between a stock FZ and one set up correctly

+1
    What are you waiting for, get the FZ.
    Didn't you already made this decision...

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo310R View Post
    I agree. I like the FZR, I think it looks a lot tougher, however, the FX is very nice in chop. I mostly do lake racing with very light chop so I am going with the FZR. If it gets choppy out and I lose a race to lose hook up, I'll just jump on the 310R(the beast from the east) and win that way.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...64#post2399364

4. +1 by:

Well, I thought I did make the decision already, but I'm hearing so many great things about the FX I held off until I figured it out(mid life crisis my wife says).

+1
    The FX is an all round better product. Better in the chop, No speed limiter, it is on rails cornering the twistiest at WOT, it rides like a Cadillac on smooth water, No bouncing, No Bucking, Thicker Hull, Cruise and No-Wake Standard, Julio...

+1
    Yeah, what Julio said.....

Oh, and I'm a lake rider too...

Lake rider fzr ocean rider fx

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    The FX is an all round better product. Better in the chop, No speed limiter, it is on rails cornering the twistiest at WOT, it rides like a Cadillac on smooth water, No bouncing, No Bucking, Thicker Hull, Cruise and No-Wake Standard, Julio...
    Too bad it does not have the great looks of the FZR or its gauges. I had no problem in chop keeping up with FX's once I had a the R&D ride plate. The FZR with a new plate is a beast

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifzs2013 View Post
    Lake rider fzr ocean rider fx
    Not always!

+1
    I own the FZR and ridden the FX and can say the FZR is a more reactive hull. It seems faster and more nimble. Mine isn't set up for the rougher stuff, ie the grate and plate, but is way better than a stock FZR SHO. The FZ feels more refined. More deliberate in how it tracks and not as twitchy. In stock form, rides better in the rough. I started on a FX SHO and at times miss the wake mode and cruise assist. Also would LOVE if Yamaha put the neutral on the FZR like they did the rear boarding step back in the day. I'm contemplating selling my FZR and getting an FX SVHO, but might as well stay put and get the plate and grate first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information