riva or rd ride plate needed

First time posting. Anyone know were I can buy a riva or rd ride plate? Just bought a 04 xlt 1200.Ive done alot of reading here and put the wave eaters D plate and a seal kit so far.any help would be appreciated. New or used.

Found one on ebay with a grate.

+1
    Hello & welcome to the Hulk. So you found one, great. Now if you want to get the most out it, install it and check the height of rear of plate. To do this take a long ruler or flat thin board etc. And lay it longwise from intake grate/pumpshoe to the rear of your newly installed ride plate. The angle ( the distance )from bottom of haul to ride plate should be about 1". If not to achieve this you can slightly grind off the thick part on the inside rear of the ride plate & slightly grind a little off your bottom of the extended pump housing. To understand this "angle" concept go to the Yamaha section, and check sticky for complete instructions & explanation on why this works. The correct ride plate angle can make a big difference on overall performance/speed. In wanting to stay with bolt-on mods, you are on the right track. Grate,shoe,ride plate, & prop all work as a complete package. What prop are you using ? Then some other mods that do not cost much & are normally pretty easy to DYI. Send heads out to be milled (about $100) will do it. That will increase your compression & add RPM's. You will find that you can do all of these things & more by yourself & can always find help here on the Hulk when you need it. Good Luck

Not sure what prop it has. I can hang with a friends gp1200 it has a stage 2 kit on it.I dont think his is tuned right from what ive read on these forums. But maybe mine has a aftermarket prop.I might send my plate to Jim. The $ is a issue right know gonna have to wait till the smoke clears with my accountant "wife".

Thread Information