Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

So has anyone tried this?

i noticed when you remove the stock IC it leaves this huge open area in the intake manafold. what about running a non IC intake manafold so it would simulate the volune of a stock set up? Could this make more power and yeald higher boost?

+1
    also if you put the stock inter cooler back in just to fill the empty space, would this give gains ?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    also if you put the stock inter cooler back in just to fill the empty space, would this give gains ?
    The problem with that is the stock intercooler is restrictive to start with. The non ic manifold might yield some gains due to better, less turbulent airflow.

Quote Originally Posted by lvnspeed View Post
    i noticed when you remove the stock IC it leaves this huge open area in the intake manafold. what about running a non IC intake manafold so it would simulate the volune of a stock set up? Could this make more power and yeald higher boost?
    Mate - We try to jump on new ideas as soon as we can, but even you guys will not believe how quick we were on this one. ( see attached )
    We were going to keep this under wraps until Jerry had finished field testing it (which he is doing now) and until our PATENT had been totally finalised (Very soon) , but seeing you asked - check this out;
    regards
    Piranha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Intake Manifold 'Pencil'.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	392.3 KB 
ID:	20293  

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    The problem with that is the stock intercooler is restrictive to start with. The non ic manifold might yield some gains due to better, less turbulent airflow.
    The stock non IC manifolds also have a flame arrestor screen in them, which can not be removed typically. the end caps are glue/vulcanized in place...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PIRANHA View Post
    Mate - We try to jump on new ideas as soon as we can, but even you guys will not believe how quick we were on this one. ( see attached )
    We were going to keep this under wraps until Jerry had finished field testing it (which he is doing now) and until our PATENT had been totally finalised (Very soon) , but seeing you asked - check this out;
    regards
    Piranha
    holy crap, what a good idea, the air will flow over the end and go into the intake valves faster since there is less air space to fill.....i want one if jerry says its good....

+1
    hmmm, but now where are we going to put our boost guage sensors....it would be nice to add a hole in the end cap or something.....then another hole in the tube or something..

+1
    Shibby modified a stock intake. He hasn`t said anything since. Piranha deal looks promising.

If this helps in performance with jerry's stamp of approval i'll be on the list to purchase. I dont run a boost gauge but couldn;t you just drill and tap a hole in a different area of the manifold. I would take a performance gain over easy gauge install. just my thoughts since i don;t plan on putting a boost gauge anytime soon.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lvnspeed View Post
    I am testing the Piranha "Pencil" right now

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information