Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Why I am selling my 3 month old SVHO

well plenty of posts for reasons to buy an SVHO but here why i have lost all confidence in all the post 2012 FX range as a long term ski .
    I am now on my second craft this year that has suffered the central plastic trim that extends around the petrol filler and acts as the locating trim for the front hood back to the glove box under the steering . Both crack around the petrol filler on the riser from the hull . Whether this is from the force needed to close these monstrous front hoods with their notorious latching problems or the fact that the locating feet on the hood which locate in this area are too long and pre stressing the plastic to fail . Or it could be with storing the hood open to get a good flow of air in the garage whilst stored is allowing the seal to loose its shape and so every time the front hood is closed it must be forced back into shape . Both being or have been replaced under warranty . So thats my 30 hour 3 month old SVHO cruiser and my 2012 FX HO .
    Additionally the side trim on 3 skiis that went out recently all cracked at the mounting foot at the forward end near the petrol filler . This is the painted trim with the decals on the right hand side . It appears the bolt is being tightened too much at assembly and pre stressing the foot to fail due to the use of too small a washer to spread the load . This affecting my 3 month old SVHO cruiser, a friends 1 month old SVHO and a friends 2013 FXHO .
    Whatever the performance of the SVHO it needs to be balanced to the long term viability of the whole craft . On this issue , specifically the upper hull trim , the post 2012 craft are failing to deliver .

Currently I cannot wait to get rid of these ,as with failure rates of every 30 hours of my ownership or every 2-3 months , it is straining my relationship with my dealer who is a personal friend and spoiling my ability to enjoy either craft .

and to think i only got the 2012 at christmas to replace my 2010 FXHO which suffered structural hull damage and was an insurance write off either thru fitting an aftermarket sponson kit with the supplied bolts that were too short , or some foreign object in the water that i didnt even see . Great year so far

+1
    my friends 2013 FXHO central plastic has the same split and will be in for warranty replacement too . but at least he has managed to get over a hundred hours out of his .
    My 2012 FXHO has currently 50 hours and the trim split at 40 .
    Thinking about the previous post the seal acts on the raised rim of the hull direct and so will not stress the trim . However the seal getting out of shape may help explain why the hoods are so difficult to close

Thanks for sharing. I'll keep an eye out for these issues!

Do you have any pics to illustrate?

+1
    i get off ship tomorrow and will post up pics thursday .

+1
    I feel your pain-because of Yamaha's abysmal design and manufacturing quality I have had to replace both my '09 FZS and '12 FZR. It's a shame because I actually like the way the FZ hull feels.

+1
    I find it interesting that there are some people who have continual issues with multiple skis and thousands of others of us with no issues at all on one ski?

+1
    Looking forward to see those pictures

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    I find it interesting that there are some people who have continual issues with multiple skis and thousands of others of us with no issues at all on one ski?
    I'm just stating what happened to me. Your experience is obviously different. Why do you care if someone expresses their opinion of your beloved PWC? If it makes you feel any better, I can also criticize the Sea-Doo that I replaced my FZS with (a 2014 RXT-260). I didn't think the intercooler would last or that the engine would be lined up so I bought an aftermarket IC and paid to have the engine aligned before I took delivery. The original poster is obviously not happy with the quality of his new craft and I just wanted to express my sympathy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    I'm just stating what happened to me. Your experience is obviously different. Why do you care if someone expresses their opinion of your beloved PWC? If it makes you feel any better, I can also criticize the Sea-Doo that I replaced my FZS with (a 2014 RXT-260). I didn't think the intercooler would last or that the engine would be lined up so I bought an aftermarket IC and paid to have the engine aligned before I took delivery. The original poster is obviously not happy with the quality of his new craft and I just wanted to express my sympathy.
    Did I say I cared if someone expresses their opinion? You are obviously very sensitive on this subject... I did not saying anything about you in this thread so don't take it so personal.

10. +1 by:

+1
    I think there are just some badly made skis .... kinda like bad cars. Limons and that's just the way it is. I for one have had very good luck with cars & skis. My 08 GP1300, is a rock. I t really can take a beating, riding it & crashing it. It always repairs well and the engine has never given me any concerns. Like wise with my old 97 Kawai, it just keeps running & is as fast as it ever was. I hope your luck changes soon and you happen upon a great ski that will full fill your wishes. Good Luck

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information