06 RXP supercharger upgrade questions

Hey guys. I'm new here. This is my first jetski. I stumbled on a 06 RXP with a "blown" supercharger for $1100 with only 105hrs on it! I'm new to jet skis, but I am very knowledgeable in performance 4 strokes. I have a 09 Subaru STI with 500 HP at the wheels and have been modding cars and turboing them for at least 10years. I am a metal fabricator/welder at shop and went to school for engineering, so I am capable of making almost anything.

My question is am I better off just buying a RXP-X charger and slapping it on with injectors of course or rebuilding my RXP 215 SC with a R&D C3 wheel? I am planning on eventually putting an external intercooler, exhaust and intake in it.

Are there any other mods I should really look into right away like an intake grate or pump impeller? I'm mostly just looking to get on it and have fun with it for now and then keep modding it down the road.

Thanks in advance for the input!
    Andy

Banned User
    +1
    #1, welcome to the forum...

#2, STOP RIGHT THERE...

Quick lesson...From 2004-2007, the OEM SC's had a fault. They used clutches that are made from ceramic, which when they failed, would send parts into the motor and cause major problems. In 2008 they changed to metal clutches...

A motor with a BLOWN charger is not a quick fix, it must be removed and stripped down completely. The oil passages must be flushed of debris, oil pumps (if not scorned) will need to be replaced...

Then the motor can be put back together, with stock parts...or upgraded parts. Which if you plan to add items later, NOW is the perfect time to upgrade items (like valvetrain, SC oiling, etc)...best to do it once than have to keep taking it apart...

As for your SC upgrade, you are only limited to what you will want...set yourself a goal of where you want to be (speed, power, handling wise) and go from there...

OH, and were are you located?

--Danny

3. +1 by:

Also wondering if there are any compressor maps to compare rpm vs psi and CFM?

+1
    When you say blown Scer does it mean the ceramic clutches are gone????Or is the slip just gone??If the clutches are gone then before you start to worry about modding this thing your gonna want to worry about internal engine damage do to the blown clutches.......Take the Scer out and see if the clutches are still intacked...if not,your in for a complete tear down,cleaning and rebuild of the motor.....As far as modding goes..well,it depends on how much money and how fast you want to go........A simple,sound setup is.....

ET 127 OR X-charger
    RRFPR
    42 lbs injectors
    External ICer
    15/20 r
    Riva thru hull exhaust
    AFR guage
    4 inch or rear air intake
    Rive intake grate.

This setup is very user friendly and will warrent speeds around 75 MPH

As far as the R&D Scers go...I would stick to the ET,X or Riva chargers...

IF you dont plan on doing any major speed mods (like trying to get to 80+MPH) and just want a good running sound ski then as far as Scers go i would put a ET 127 wheel in,just as stought as a X charger with a little less air flow BUT guys are running high 70s with this thing....you already have the housing,all you need is the wheel and a rebuild kit..those 2 will be 200 some dollars cheaper than an X charger....Not unless you find one used and even then i wouldnt trust it as you never know how many hours are already on it...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

OH, and were are you located?

--Danny
    Really???? I know, you want to direct him to someone in his area to help him right???LOL.....And if he was in Chicago he would be directed to your chop shop......Enough dude....Dont make me exploit your last two jetski and your Scer jobs....You really really disapointed me with the shit you put out....I know you know better BUT to do what you did to the last ski,put a individaul in harms way...that Danny PISSED me off to see this come out of your garage...Get your shit straight dude,before something bad happens to somebody and you find yourself in a world of shit......

+1
    Ha, we're basically twins;
    BSME here, turbo'd (and blew up) a coupla engines in my old prelude, 05 STi w/ ~300awhp, building a short block as we speak, and 07 RXT w/ an ET127

Like the other two have said, if the SC grenaded during operation, you basically need an entire engine tear-down and rebuild.

I'm not entirely sure about the condition of the SC yet. I bought it from a yahmaha Yamaha dealership/rental place that got it in on a trade in. They said that they don't work on any sea-doos. So they just put it up on craigslist. The guy that traded it in tried to fix it himself and supposedly got fed up with it and just traded it in. They don't have the SC yet but he should be dropping it off today. I have done a bit of research and am aware of the ceramic clutch washer problems. If they are still intact then I won't have to tear the engine apart hopefully. I have no problem ripping it apart. Its nothing I haven't done before. But I'd like to get it on the lake by the 4th of July!

What is bad about the R&D SC compressor wheels?

Thanks for all the input so far! Its pretty much what I had figures on doing eventually to it. I just wanted a few extra opinions since I'm new to the sea-doo/ jetski universe.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by racinred86 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure about the condition of the SC yet. I have no problem ripping it apart. Its nothing I haven't done before. But I'd like to get it on the lake by the 4th of July!
    I will tell you now that you shouldn't get your hopes up. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but if the supercharger failed it's going to be a long process. For $1100 and one failed attempt at repair it doesn't sound like a quick fix. Ordering the new parts alone will take several days with shipping etc.

inspect the Parts on the Supercharger.. Pull the Oil Filter and look at the outer pleats of the filter. The oil filter sees most internal damage first.......

Well it looks like the motor is coming out... There is oil and aluminum chunks in the throttle body and intake tube. I guess the SC really did explode on it. Also it looks like it might have been modified before. There are plenty of zip ties holding stuff down and it looks like it might already have an upgraded intake grate!

Thread Information