Complete Ultra 150 rebuild with pictures

Hey guys, I'm new here to the forum. Been reading a lot and gaining information for a while. I used to own an Ultra 150 when I lucked into one when I was 17 and in high school. Basically my brother got one on trade for some work he did. He rode it, then let it sit outside for a couple years. I gathered up some money and had it looked over and it ran great. Then cylinder 2 went out. Being in high school I didn't have the knowledge or money to fix it, so i scrapped it out. Wish i never would have but oh well. Hindsight is 20/20.

Anyways I am looking at buying another Ultra as I loved the one I had and they are in my price range. Now that Im out of college and have way more knowledge and wrenching skills, Im confident I can keep an Ultra running good now. Just on the hunt now for one near me.

I did a search on this forum and never found a link or DIY of a full engine rebuild, so I thought I would post one. Its not mine or anyone I know that did it, and was actually on a tractor forum. Just thought you guys might like it and keep it handy. Its complete with full explanations and pictures. Sorry if it has been posted or theres another one, just trying to make a good contributing first post.

Nice write up, I wish you posted this a week ago when I was assembling my engine for the first time!!! Ha ha!

Nice write-up! I like the color pics as opposed to the black & white service manual.

I would highly recommend securing the hoses with stainless steel safety wire instead of tie-wraps.

Thread Information