polaris sl650 bogging problem

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me out I have a 1994 Polaris sl650 I purchased the ski last summer and had good luck with it till the end of the season I blew a crank seal and melted a piston. So a month ago I ordered a reman engine from SBT I rebuilt the carbs with mikuni rebuild kits, new triple outlet fuel pump, and new gas line and removed the auto cock, but the problem im having is that out of the water it will rev up with no problem but once in the water it will idle fine but once you give it throttle it bogs and stalls but when you use a little choke it will take off and stay running if you keep it at high rpm I set the carbs at the factory settings and when that didn't work I turned out the high speed jets a quarter and then I turned them half a turn and didn't make no difference and now im at a stand still with it. Also none of the boat and pwc shops around were I live wont even look at. Thank you

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk!! Where are you located?

Hi thanks I am located in dubuque iowa

Quote Originally Posted by 7941sam View Post
    Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me out I have a 1994 Polaris sl650 I purchased the ski last summer and had good luck with it till the end of the season I blew a crank seal and melted a piston. So a month ago I ordered a reman engine from SBT I rebuilt the carbs with mikuni rebuild kits, new triple outlet fuel pump, and new gas line and removed the auto cock, but the problem im having is that out of the water it will rev up with no problem but once in the water it will idle fine but once you give it throttle it bogs and stalls but when you use a little choke it will take off and stay running if you keep it at high rpm I set the carbs at the factory settings and when that didn't work I turned out the high speed jets a quarter and then I turned them half a turn and didn't make no difference and now im at a stand still with it. Also none of the boat and pwc shops around were I live wont even look at. Thank you
    We're in the same boat (no pun intended) I have the exact same problems accept I have a '96 SL780. Here's the link to the thread I started if you want to check out the info the guys on here have given me so far, a LOT of good info, http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140787

Hey thanks your thread had A Lot of good info and im planning on following your thread to see what you come up with I never thought about putting in bigger jets thanks.

Thread Information