Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

rxp 155hp 07 turbo?

taking a quick look at the rxp 155hp on the show room floor. glancing at the void where the supercharger was and lack of throttle body in the back makes a nice pocket where a turbo could go. maybe some pipe work to the front mount intercooler.

any ideas? is the motor not worth the mod? to much to get it up to snuff for the big huffer.

+1
    The motor isn't worth modding as it has cast pistons. Also, you would want a SC IC intake manifold so that the throttle body is on the back of the engine where you need it for all the turbo and IC plumbing.

i dont know if ur going 2 build a full blowen turbo u'll re place the pistions with a set of low compression pistions anyway so u'll b throwing the stock pistions away anyway 2nd u wont haft 2 block the hole where the s/c use 2 b if u want 2 run the stock 215 i/c intake or the 185hp intake so u can mount the TB toward the rear u can always find a used one if u look, 4 a fraction of the cost of a new one if, i was going 2 build a turbo the 155 hp would b the route i would take the money u'll save over the 215hp could b used 4 mods
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 04-01-2007 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    i dont know if ur going 2 build a full blowen turbo u'll re place the pistions with a set of low compression pistions anyway so u'll b throwing the stock pistions away anyway 2nd u wont haft 2 block the hole where the s/c use 2 b if u want 2 run the stock 215 i/c intake or the 185hp intake so u can mount the TB toward the rear u can always find a used one if u look, 4 a fraction of the cost of a new one if, i was going 2 build a turbo the 155 hp would b the route i would take the money u'll save over the 215hp could b used 4 mods
    Me too

why would you want to stuff and i/c right next to the turbo when there is room to route pipe work and i/c in the front. I am sure there will be a coment on lag due to the amount of pipe. but look at the twin turbo designs that they run on the vettes and mustangs that are in the back near the rear wheels.

i am just bouncing ideas back and forth on here.

how much compression do think the pistons will take?

whats the difference in cam grind on the 155 compared to the 215?

u'll probley want 2 put a extrinal i/c in the rear so a TB in the rear would mean u need 2 run less tubeing there is a difference in the cames but again u can find a used 215 cam if u look around the stock cast pistions wont last if u go much over 215 hp put a set of forge low compresions in

what do you think for psi of boost if you change pistons.

There are some running 22-29 psi with the low compression pistions around 8.0:1 or a little less.

damn thats some boost. sounds like it might be a fun project...

so low compression pistons big boost, cam, fuel controler, big injectors, big intercooler in the storage area custom scoop. sounds like a fun project

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information