The IJSBA has released the 2014 Hall of Fame inductees, each individual will be officially inducted in the fall of 2014, at the World Finals in October.
Upon the release of the four names, I was overjoyed to see that two of which, were individuals that I had myself had nominated. When I first heard that Rob Flores and Bob Phares had yet to be nominated, despite their years of history with the sport, I was shocked. And I made it my mission to get them into the Hall of Fame as soon as I could.
Phares played a major role in the very roots of jet ski racing, along with the marketing of the original Kawasaki, which is known and loved today. Rob Flores is of course, a racing legend with many victories under his belt as well as being a very popular rider throughout his career.

After doing a plethora of homework on these two, I spent hours writing essays that would later be submitted to Scott Frazier:

“Rockin” Rob Flores

Dear Mr. Frazier,

I am writing you to nominate Rob Flores to be a member of the IJSBA Hall of Fame. With 25 years experience in Pro Jet Ski racing, Rob has clearly been a big part of jet ski racing history. He has been a great help and encouragement to myself and other young racers and I believe he is worthy of being in the Hall of Fame.

Thanks to Rob, I had the opportunity to race at Round #4 of the UWP-IJSBA National Tour in Sparks, NV. Rob graciously offered to let me ride one of his skis at this round of the national tour which ultimately sealed my Tour Points Championship. At round #6 of the UWP-IJSBA National Tour, I was t-boned during my second moto. The crash left me needing a hood latch in order to race the final moto. Again Rob came through by finding me a hood latch and offering to let me ride one of his skis if I needed it.

Rob has been a great friend to my little sister. He lets her hang around in his pit area and pretend to be his crew chief. It’s not every day that a young racer like her gets the opportunity to hang out with one of the best racers of all time. This is a really big deal for her and makes her feel important. Rob has always been very kind and fun to hang around with at the races. He offers great advice and is more open and friendly than many of the other pro riders.

More at WatercraftJournal.Com