Florida - prices paid on new FX?

Looking for feedback/prices paid on a new FX in south florida. I have a good deal on a used 2012 lined up however wanted to give the local dealers a shot at selling me a new/new old stock FX. Any model from 2012-2014 is fine with me.

Sent out 6 email/contact me forms to dealers 24 hours ago, got exactly 1 automated response back, guess they are too busy to respond to a customer ready to pay cash this week.

I am seeing advertised prices everywhere from $11,200 to $14,500 for FX or FXHOs. Willing to travel anywhere from Orlando south for a no BS good deal.

Let me know where you end up. I'll be in the same boat fairly soon. I'm in N FL but I'd travel for a deal. Seems like best prices in my regional searches come out of a few dealers over in the Clearwater/Sarasota area. Haven't contacted them yet though as I'm not ready to pull the trigger quite yet.

Best of luck with the search!

Bizarre - of my 6 emails I think now I've gotten 2 automated responses and 1 actual person. I guess they are all too busy?

That one person wrote back with a price that looked like MSRP+$1000+tax. Needless to say, I won't be buying from him.

+1
    When you get to the point of actually pulling the trigger, check PWC Trader and see if dealers closer will price match. This time of year, they are bombarded with phone calls, so best to call in the early am when they open.

90% of dealers will not give you their bottom price through one of those contact forms, emails, or even phone calls. They just don't take those serious enough, as there's tons of people that fill those out, or call just to see what the price is, and don't have any actual intention of purchasing right away, or people still try to haggle off the price they've been told in e-mail/phone. Hence they just tell you they're regular price, or slightly below.

The only way to get a real bottom price is to go there in person, or have a lengthy phone conversation with a sales rep and convince them that you're ready to buy right now.

Another thing to keep in mind, most dealers will give you a little better price of you finance instead of paying cash. When they finance deals through the manufactures finance institution, they usually get some rebate (since the finance institution now make a little more due to the interest). So the dealer is usually willing to split that rebate with you by lowering the price a little more. Ask for both prices, finance and cash. If the finance price is better than the cash price, then see when the interest kicks in. It might be cheaper to finance it, and then pay it off before your payment is due. That way you might not pay any interest, or the amount that accrued will be very small.

A week+ later - nothing. Funny because I bought my last truck the same way, emailed a dozen dealers, went and handed one a check the next day.

I couldn't have been more clear in what I wanted - and did in fact offer cash or finance, whichever was easier. The one guy who wrote back, 2 days later sent me a "new" (lower!) price that now included a trailer despite my clearly saying I didn't need one.

I'm at 14500 otd with 5 year warranty included no trailer.... 16k with leaf spring triton trailer here in Fl. Lmk if you heard of any better deals I'm looking to buy ASAPASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Miamifzs2013 View Post
    I'm at 14500 otd with 5 year warranty included no trailer.... 16k with leaf spring triton trailer here in Fl. Lmk if you heard of any better deals I'm looking to buy ASAPASAP
    There's a guy in NJ who got a '14 svho with trailer for 14k out the door. Search 'motorcycle mall' on here and it should come up

Quote Originally Posted by etl330 View Post
    There's a guy in NJ who got a '14 svho with trailer for 14k out the door. Search 'motorcycle mall' on here and it should come up
    I ended up buying the fx from riva pompano. 14.5 for ski with 5 year warranty. Love it

Lake Lion
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by etl330 View Post
    That was me. These things are dropping in price fast as he11. I see a dealer in Alabama selling the FX SVHO for $10,999. They will be 9 grand in no time.

Thread Information