Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1

Boattest.com Spark vs VX Sport Review

Just received an email with this review listed.

Entry-Level Watercraft:
    A Look A Two PWCs
    Appears to be fairly biased (note: Sponsored by Yamaha). As a subscriber to their website I'm fairly disappointed that they would call this a genuinely fair comparison. i.e. What good is pointing out fuel capacity without knowing how much range that provides? (as an example)

+1
    I think they spoke a few truths that would apply to new boaters. Having more storage and weight capacity could be very important to a family looking to take kids tubing, and going from spot to spot on the lake. Also it is nice how on the VX you can just open the seat and have full access to the engine. I know you can remove the top deck on the spark but I know I needed to lift the seat several times on my skis while on the water. The spark is more of a "Fun" machine that's meant to be taken out and thrown around.

+1
    Shouldn't they be comparing like Seadoo GTI 130 or 155 to the VX

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    I think they spoke a few truths that would apply to new boaters. Having more storage and weight capacity could be very important to a family looking to take kids tubing, and going from spot to spot on the lake. Also it is nice how on the VX you can just open the seat and have full access to the engine. I know you can remove the top deck on the spark but I know I needed to lift the seat several times on my skis while on the water. The spark is more of a "Fun" machine that's meant to be taken out and thrown around.
    That's interesting, I take my grandson and daughter out tubing and wake boarding all the time on the Spark and they have a blast, after tubing we go island hoping on them. When I'm not using it for tubing and wake boarding my 20+ year old children love to throw them around. I use to have a very high opinion of Yamaha as a company, they do make great products, Yamaha's negative and false marketing toward the Spark is getting old, Yamaha should focus on new products and let the products speak for themselves.

+1
    How do you find the storage/stability on the spark?

+1
    Boattest.com is a joke and always has been

Storage is fine for my use, when looking at a Spark before buying there is no hiding the fact it has little to no storage unless you add the $99 option for the front bin, and even with the front bin the storage is still limited compared to others. We got rid of our boat we had for 16 years and then decided to buy two Sparks to replace it, we had more storage on the boat then any five PWC's combined, all we did was fill it with stuff we never used. As for stability, the Spark handles it self great when pulling someone on a tube or board, we have two people on the Spark, one sitting backwards as the spotter.

Thread Information