Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where to buy ultra 150 fuel pump

I am planning to replace my ultra 150 fuel pump and I would like your opinion on where to buy it from. I would like somewhere with shipping that will get it here in a week. I am hoping this will solve my erratic running issues. When the ski is running bad the fuel level in the filter looks low.

+1
    It's normal for the filter to be half full.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    you can order the pump right here @ GH ( see store links)...it's an expensive bit and no rebuild kit is available.

you'll want to check fuel delivery before replacing the pump. It's an expensive guess when there are so many other things that can be wrong.

To get it in a week, you are going to have to find somebody that has it on the shelf.

I've only see a few go bad..and often Its after somebody has opened the pump case up.

I'd throw some fresh plugs in first..far cheaper and faster.

I have tried replacing the plugs and the filter is much less than half full when the ski is acting up. Is there anything else that will cause a lack of fuel flow?

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    you can order the pump right here @ GH ( see store links)...it's an expensive bit and no rebuild kit is available.

you'll want to check fuel delivery before replacing the pump. It's an expensive guess when there are so many other things that can be wrong.

To get it in a week, you are going to have to find somebody that has it on the shelf.

I've only see a few go bad..and often Its after somebody has opened the pump case up.

I'd throw some fresh plugs in first..far cheaper and faster.

+1
    I don't know too much about these but I do know there is a small screen in the carbs, you may wanna check that those are clear.

I guess you could pull off the fuel line to the tank return while it's running to check for adequate fuel flow.

I didn't know the ski had a return line. I was wondering if the pickup in the tank could be stopped up as well. The ski basically runs good for a while then it starts acting up. It also usually acts up for the first few minutes riding it. It really seems to be out of fuel. The carbs have been through recently so I doubt it is related to them. Thanks for ll the advice so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamescmei View Post
    I don't know too much about these but I do know there is a small screen in the carbs, you may wanna check that those are clear.

I guess you could pull off the fuel line to the tank return while it's running to check for adequate fuel flow.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    right after it starts running funny, check the spark quality on all three jugs.

All skis have a fuel return line. return flow won't tell you if there is a problem in the check valves for example, it can save you a trip to the bottom of your gas tank however.

It's best practice to have a fire bottle handy when working on possible fuel/ignition issues

The fact that the carbs were recently gone thru is a huge red flag..not to be ignored

you have limited running time out of water. I would ride it till it crapped and check for strong spark next. you have to isolate the problem to ignition or fuel.

I do not think it is spark because I have changed the whole ignition system including coils, wires and cdi. I am not sure why you think it is a red flag because the carbs have been cleaned and checked. Keep the suggestions coming.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    The fact that the carbs were recently gone thru is a huge red flag..not to be ignore
    x2. Carb problems probably account for 70% of PWC problems, and half the people that work on them don't have a clue what they're doing.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamescmei View Post

Nope, no screens on Ultra carbs. OP, don't go looking for them, there arn't any.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information