Thread: 2007 ultra 250x

2007 ultra 250x

hey guys, im new here, just wondering on the time interval for rebuilding the supercharger on an 07 250x. i know on the RXP it is around 100 hours is it the same for he ultra 250x's ? I have a chance to pick up one for a good price that is in excellent condition but there is 100 hours on the machine. would i need to do rebuild soon ?

thanks for any help

+1
    The supercharger isn't rebuildable, but they are made to last much longer that that IF they are taken care of (250+ is very do-able). Care means fogging after salt water use and not overcranking them with smaller aftermarket pulleys. I have well over 100 hours on mine and it works every bit as good today as it did when I bought it with 32 hours on it. There are a couple of guys on eBay that offer rebuild services, I have yet to hear feedback from users if their services are legit or not. Also, unlike other makes, there is no clutch to wear out on Ultras.

If you do end up purchasing it, there are a few of known issues for that model/year, the biggest of which is the bearings in the jet pump - they have a propensity to fail and in doing so allow the impeller and drive shaft to shove forward into the back of the engine under load. The thrust bearings in the engine are overwhelmed and the engine is destroyed internally very quickly. This isn't to talk you out of it (I love mine and would buy it again in the proverbial heartbeat), but it is something to check BEFORE purchase and if OK update to 300x spec parts immediately upon purchase. The upgrade adds a second bearing to the front of the pump so that there are now two side-by-side in front. Parts are about $200 to do so + labor depending on your mechanical skills. Other unrelated problems are "Gas In Oil" (GIO) and cracked cylinder heads. Some do crack, many don't and historically ones that make it to 100 hours go on to live a long and happy life.

Do a search re" 250x pump" and "250x GIO" for more info and remedies. Again, mine has been a 100% pleasure. Be careful on price, You mentioned it is "good," even at this time of the year I wouldn't pay more than $5.5k, there are a LOT of '07s priced in the stratosphere, WAY higher than reality would dictate (I paid 4k a couple of years ago, deals CAN be had).

Best of luck and welcome to forum.
    W

thanks for all the info. this guy is asking $8,400 for his 250x but he wants to trade it on a boat to a guy i know who is going to sell it to me for $5,500. Where I am from (st.johns Newfoundland, Canada) the $8,400 is a good price considering there are 4 more 07's listed for 10k here so getting it for $5,500 is a steal here. i will be sure to do the bearing replacement as soon as i get the ski. Any recommendations on which brand of parts to use for it ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gregwilly View Post
    thanks for all the info. this guy is asking $8,400 for his 250x but he wants to trade it on a boat to a guy i know who is going to sell it to me for $5,500. Where I am from (st.johns Newfoundland, Canada) the $8,400 is a good price considering there are 4 more 07's listed for 10k here so getting it for $5,500 is a steal here. i will be sure to do the bearing replacement as soon as i get the ski. Any recommendations on which brand of parts to use for it ?
    Use OEM (Kawasaki) parts from any 2011+ Ultra 300x. They are available here through the "OEM Parts" link to the upper left sidebar on this site.

+1
    Ya I love mine as well. 240 ish hours of mostly salt water riding. Super charger is original. I can tell u pull the plastic cover off that is covering the super charger pulleys The wheels can rust. Above he gave u great info. I just updated my bearings and pump shaft at 225 hours. U should lOok into it for a winter project maybe. Not a big deal to do. Change ur oil often. And always pu the ski away clean and dry. Oh ya whenever u sea rough water just pin the throttle and hang on The ski is gonna make u smile from ear to ear. Have fun

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by devils ride 250 View Post
    Ya I love mine as well. 240 ish hours of mostly salt water riding. Super charger is original. I can tell u pull the plastic cover off that is covering the super charger pulleys The wheels can rust. Above he gave u great info. I just updated my bearings and pump shaft at 225 hours. U should lOok into it for a winter project maybe. Not a big deal to do. Change ur oil often. And always pu the ski away clean and dry. Oh ya whenever u sea rough water just pin the throttle and hang on The ski is gonna make u smile from ear to ear. Have fun
    If you're looking for a lil more out of your ski, I have a 260x ecu for sale. Safest way to bump the timing 4*.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gregwilly View Post
    I feel bad for you Canadians. We buy new leftover 300X with zero hours and factory warranty for $10-11K here in the USA.

Thread Information