Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Air Intake Ultra 300x (2013.5)

Purchased a 2013 Ultra 300x yesterday and took her out for a ride to break her in. Was washing the ski down yesterday and had both front and rear seats off and I may have sprayed some water into the two holes underneath the rear seat (since it was off). Is that the air intake? I flushed the engine after and it ran just fine for 10 mins. Am I at risk here or am I stressing over nothing?

Nobody yet =/

+1
    You're fine. Those are hull vent lines that prevent the ski from sinking when flipped. They just run to the bottom of the hull

+1
    If you pull the rear deck plate off - by removing those (4) 10mm nuts - you can clearly see they "dead-end" somewhere at the bottom of the hull. They allow air to enter the hull.

Some guys trim them and my buddy with his NA Ultra-LX had both of his crushed and melted nearly closed - which could have been contributing to his "hot" issues and hard starts while hot.

I trimmed those puppies for him and tye-wrapped them with a BMF tye-wrap and he hasn't had any "hard start" issues since.

Reference:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2284854

Good Luck !!!

Thanks so much guys. I fogged the charger last night, rinsed the engine off and hit it with some rush inhibitor, flushed everything twice until I can get some salt away etc. Just waiting for my Fluid Film with that applicator wand to arrive so I can really hit the underside of the engine.

On another note I had a tough time getting a reading on the oil level. It appeared low but I read it can be difficult to get a good reading. Chomping at the bit to just change the oil out to a full synthetic asap.

On another note this thing is insane to ride. Last Jetski I rode was a 2009 RXPX and this blows it out of the water IMO.

Also need to redo the spark plugs with anti-seize from what I've read. God this thing is going to be a blast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pbc View Post
    On another note this thing is insane to ride. Last Jetski I rode was a 2009 RXPX and this blows it out of the water IMO.

Shhh....Don't let the Sea Doo guys here you say that,there'll be trolling here looking to counterpunch
    Enjoy the Ultra!

+1
    change the oil out to a full synthetic asap.
    -----------------
    Why ???

I am curious why everyone wants to run a full synthetic engine oil.

I realize the temperature characteristics are substantially better - as compared to Mineral Oil - yet this engine is not "Turbocharged" and is not relying on engine oil to lubricate turbocharger bearings that can reach elevated temperatures possibly near ~ 800*F

I guess if you are planning to keep your ski "forever" maybe it is a good investment???

I change my engine oil frequently enough - where I really can't constitute the need to go to synthetic - plus coupled with the fact that I will probably move into something else (another ski) at the end of the season.

Thoughts, Opinions, Aspirations ???

Its just peace of mind really (see neurotic). I'd rather not spare anything in terms of maint/care for the jet ski. Plus I can't get a damn solid oil reading from the Ski and I'm worried it may have not been filled properly. Although it did not overheat/show any warning signs during the first run.

+1
    Plus I can't get a damn solid oil reading from the Ski and I'm worried it may have not been filled properly. Although it did not overheat/show any warning signs during the first run.
    Do this when engine is cold ,Put a torpedo leveler (8 in) on top of the valve cover(engine)adjust the trailer either slightly raising (shims)or bringing down the front of where the bubble on the leveler is between the two lines , now ck your oil on the cold reading on the stick,ck it 2 times that's your accurate reading....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information