Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question IN the market and found a pair of 2009 FXHO with only 12 hours on each...........

So I am in the market for a clean pair of FX's. I found a clean pair that only has 12 hours on each ski. The guy's wife was in a car accident in 2011. It is too painful for her to ride so they stopped and now they are selling.

They didn't ride them last year, but the owner started them up periodically and ran water through them.

I can get a SICK deal on these skis. Always stored inside.

I have read some scary 1.8 NA engine stories on here and I have read some REALLY "happy customer" stories. Can you guys give me an honest opinion of the 2009 FXHO?

Im not new to this. I sold a pair of VX110 deluxe last year. Did my own maint on them. They were flawless.

Thanks in advance!

BRAD

+1
    The NA 1.8 seems to be a great engine, but with that being said, I saw one at the dealer with a hole in the block getting a new engine under warranty. If the price is good and seems like well taken care of skis, go for it. Doesn't sound like the type owner that ragged them out even in 12 hours.

+1
    Skis were babied apparently. Unfortunate situation may be my gain. I think I would also have the ability to extend current YES warranty.

One thing that worries me is that the 10 hour service was not done because the owner and his wife stopped riding in 2011 after her accident. Not sure it's that big of a deal.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bfox76 View Post
    I have read some scary 1.8 NA engine stories on here and I have read some REALLY "happy customer" stories. Can you guys give me an honest opinion of the 2009 FXHO?
    I'm wondering what scary stories you have heard about the 1.8. They're pretty bullet-proof. The modified supercharged ski's have had a few issues with the chargers, but the NA engine is a great engine.

Honestly the only concern I'd have with those ski's is there are almost too few hours. Ski's don't like to sit. They like to be ridden. If you can pick them up for a steal and they run well, I'd jump on it. You shouldn't have any issues for years.

+1
    Just some stories about the engines blowing or the nano excel hull having defects. It just plays with your mind. I know everyone has different experiences. The majority of the stories are good. They are a good year for the ski from what I have read. Fast and great torque for being stock.

The few hours don't bug me because after speaking with the owner today, I know he has cared for them.

The deal I can get on them is too good to pass up. I made an offer $3000 under his asking price and he is considering it hard. I will inspect them. Pull the plugs. And ride them. If all checks out, I think I will get a damn good deal!

+1
    Like stated above the 1.8L is a solid motor. Just cause you heard a few stories of some blowing up. Its bound to happen what you gotta look at is the number of happy customers. If you can get a killer deal go for it. You will have skis for many years to come.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamacruiser View Post
    Like stated above the 1.8L is a solid motor. Just cause you heard a few stories of some blowing up. Its bound to happen what you gotta look at is the number of happy customers. If you can get a killer deal go for it. You will have skis for many years to come.
    Thanks for the support. That's exactly how I feel. If I have them for 5 years and maintain them as they should be, then at 10 years old they will still hold some value.

So the 2 skis, covers for each and a triton double trailer (ALL 2009) for $13k. Think that's a killer deal???

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    stealing them will result in bad karma, pay a fair price. it's the right thing to do.

I saw those on Craigslist and they look really good! (they're a great deal even at his asking price)

I have 2 2010 FXHO Cruisers (essentially the same skis) and they are very reliable and very stable.

I'd jump on them!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    stealing them will result in bad karma, pay a fair price. it's the right thing to do.
    Pete,

Please don't take my post literally about "stealing" the skis. I believe in KARMA. Actually the owner told me where he wanted to be. I agreed that what he told me was a more accurate fair market value. It just happens to be $3000 under his asking price. Im dealing with good people.

There will be NO stealing on this end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information