Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ficht injectors 2002 TXi

do u really need the injectors to be matched to the emm on a viriage 1200di?

i had the emm repaired and now I am hearing about this so I don't dare run it in the lake with my new engine.??

so people say you do and some say you don't.
    Last edited by K447; 06-28-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Was the original EMM repaired? If yes, then it is still matched to the fuel injectors you have.

As long as the individual fuel injectors are still mounted on the correct cylinders and your EMM still has the factory mapping for your injectors, all should be good.

one jug was bored .030.thats all.is there a way of richening up the fuel with a resistor on the temp sender or some thing like that.then I could watch the plug color to be sure

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xltier View Post
    one jug was bored .030.thats all.

is there a way of richening up the fuel with a resistor on the temp sender or some thing like that?
    then I could watch the plug color to be sure
    So same EMM, just repaired?

Slight overbore should not affect fuel:air ratio enough to worry about.

On these Polaris engines piston wash pattern is more useful than reading spark plugs. The Ficht engines run a more controlled fuel mixture than carburetor engines and the resulting piston wash patterns look the same, just closer to 'lean' that what a carb guy would be comfortable with. The actual engine is just fine running like that.

very unnerving not knowing what caused the piston to destroy.only 100 hours.fuel regulator was broke in tank.i just want to keep this new engine going for a while

+1
    very unnerving not knowing what caused the piston to destroy.

only 100 hours.

fuel regulator was broke in tank.

i just want to keep this new engine going for a while
    Low fuel pressure can cause engine damage via excessively lean combustion. Typically the PTO piston goes first.

is it okay to hook a garden hose to the outlet hose and run the engine for a wile that way.we cant work at the boat landing.

+1
    is it okay to hook a garden hose to the outlet hose and run the engine for a while that way.

we cant work at the boat landing.
    The water feed hose, not the exit hose.

Cooling water intake hose is located down low on the right side of jet pump base, inside the hull.

You will need a garden hose to 3/4" hose barb adapter. Disconnect the 3/4" engine water feed hose from the nipple of the cooling water feed tube, then hook up the garden hose.

Some important notes.

Engine plus garden hose sequence
    Engine start, THEN water on.
    Engine can safely run for 10-20 seconds without water cooling, so no huge hurry to get the water turned on.

You do not need full force from the garden hose, just enough to flow through the engine and exit at a reasonable flow rate.

If all the cylinders are staying roughly the same temperature and you can put your hand anywhere on engine or exhaust (for at least a few seconds), that is plenty of cooling flow. The thermostat opens at 143F, with an additional water flow bypass if the water pressure gets higher that a set level.

Water off FIRST, then burp the throttle once or twice to blow excess water out of the exhaust water box, THEN shut off the engine LAST.

Jet pump and driveshaft seals
    Do not run the engine for more than a couple of minutes with the jet pump still installed.

The water seals in the jet pump and for the driveshaft through-hull are normally water cooled when the hull is floating. Out of the water these seals are running uncooled. Too much friction heat build-up from dry running can melt the seal lips. Which means you get to replace all the driveline seals.

If you need to run it longer than two minutes, take the jet pump and drive shaft completely out. Now with the water cooling coming in through the normal flow path (as opposed to the reverse flush method) the engine will be properly cooled for as long as you need to run it.

All that said, rarely is it actually necessary to run the engine out of the water for extended durations. Engine break-in requires a water load on the jet pump, for example.

well I had the the wate hooked to the exhaust hose for around 15 minutes because I realized my batt connections were loose.so I thought ,no biggey, just get a socket and tightened them up.now my motor has water in it..wow this isn't fun.i didn't have the jet in it yet.i never thought the water would go in the cylindersbut now I see it must go thru the exhaust to getr there.i am just use to doing it on mercruiser.now I have to pull the motor again to dry it out.thanks

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    actually you don't pull the motor, but you must move on this right now.

Burp out as much water as you can (spark plugs out/spark plug leads properly grounded to avoid fire), throttle held wide open, crank engine to pump the water out.

be kind to the starter, it needs time to cool off between cranking attempts.

get a little premix gas+oil down the throttle bodies and get that engine started!

Compressed air/brake cleaner is good to dry off the plug tips between start tries

best to get the ski in the water and run it for at least 30 minutes..if you can't then a couple of runs on the hose will be the best you can do.

heavy spray of fogging oil or wd-40 during the entire process

read up on other methods used to recover drowned/flooded motors.

boat guys fall into the trap all the time, it's just opposite of what you should be doing when you service a boat motor.
    Last edited by K447; 06-30-2014 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Few more words ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information