2008 RXP-X Coolant Leaking Question

Guys, need your help

I just finished putting my rebuilt superchargers on my two 2008 RXP-Xs, they both started right up and off I went. One of them works great, but the other set off the overheating alarm 10 minutes into idling down the canal to get to the bay. When I looked there was no coolant in the bottle, and to my surprise not a drip in the hull. It seems that after I refill the antifreeze, it comes out the back of the pwc on top of the back plate.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	334196
    The inside of the hull is perfectly dry?? I figure if it is the water pump, a hose or the thermostat, then antifreeze would be all over??
    What could this be?

Thanks

+1
    Maybe in the process of removing / installing the SC, you dinged the coolant line fitting, going to the ride plate and the coolant is leaking there.

+1
    Could be leaking out the ride plate screws that hold it together.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    you might have damaged the connections to the ride plate, but that would likely leave some a/f in the hull. More likely either the ride plate was impacted and leaking from damage or it's leaking from the numerous screws that hold it together. I seem to recall there was a TSB on it a long time ago, but in any case...huge pain in the butt top deal with. An automotive cooling system pressure tester can help pinpoint the leak. max pressure allowed is printed on the cap.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PORT View Post
    Guys, need your help

I just finished putting my rebuilt superchargers on my two 2008 RXP-Xs, they both started right up and off I went. One of them works great, but the other set off the overheating alarm 10 minutes into idling down the canal to get to the bay. When I looked there was no coolant in the bottle, and to my surprise not a drip in the hull. It seems that after I refill the antifreeze, it comes out the back of the pwc on top of the back plate.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	334196
    The inside of the hull is perfectly dry?? I figure if it is the water pump, a hose or the thermostat, then antifreeze would be all over??
    What could this be?

Thanks

Exact same hame thing happened to me on my 08 p-x when it was less then a year old.You could visually see trails it left due to weeping out the ride-plate screws.mine had a good few leaking and got a new one under warrenty.

Changing the two superchargers were a pain in the ass. Just looked at the manual and it looks like I have to pull intercooler, hoses and jet pump off the back to get the ride plate off, this might just put me in an early grave. I'd like to knee the design engineers in the nuts for their design.

+1
    Changing the two superchargers were a pain in the ass. Just looked at the manual and it looks like I have to pull intercooler, hoses and jet pump off the back to get the ride plate off, this might just put me in an early grave. I'd like to knee the design engineers in the nuts for their design.
    Yeah and usually there we'll siliconed in so use a bottle jack obviously with a block of wood on the top of pump outlet so not to damage ski and pump slowly until its loose.

Okay guys I got the ride plate out, seems to be leaking from a bunch of the screws, don't see any cracks in the plate or broken connectors.
    So, typically what is the next step, do you purchase a brand new OEM model, aftermarket or do you somehow rebuild the existing?

PS
    Thanks for all of the advice so far.

+1
    Okay guys I got the ride plate out, seems to be leaking from a bunch of the screws, don't see any cracks in the plate or broken connectors.
    So, typically what is the next step, do you purchase a brand new OEM model, aftermarket or do you somehow rebuild the existing?

PS
    Thanks for all of the advice so far.
    Mine as I said was the same coming from about 4 or 5 screws just little weeps but still a leak.
    You could prob try and patch it up and buy some new screws and washers as there only pennies so worth a bash and pressure test it before you fit again if possible.
    Il try and find part numbers.

+1
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....COOLING-SYSTEM

#15 + #16 2.17 each for screws and 0.43 per washer.

Thread Information