Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How many hours for a dealer to pull a engine and clean it

Hi I'm trying to make a up my mind to take my rxp-x 2008 255 to the dealer to get fix or have a guy do it the dealer charges $70 to $90 hour with free parts and the guy is charging $1000 with parts. What do you thing I should do. Oh I need the engine pulled clean down were the timing chain at and also clean the intercooler and any other places, oil would have got to. Then put it all together

+1
    How much do you trust your dealership and how long will it take before they can get at it? Some dealers talk big and when its time to get work done it mysteriously takes weeks longer. Not too mention who really knows what kind of training that tech has. Some guys are great and others I won't let do an oil change. Time frame to actually do the work, I don't know. I'd ask the dealer what they anticipate being the longest hours you'd be charged for. Also remember if the dealer finds other things wrong your going to be paying dealer prices.

The private guy reliable? Has he done this before? If he is a private shop that services PWC's chances are your going to get a better overall service and quality of work. He might find something that dealer might miss when pulling it all apart. Chances are the work will get done quicker also and if it something else is found it will be cheaper to fix and you'll have a choice of what parts to use.

3. +1 by:

Will that says it all. BRP you can keep your free parts. I wil not be paying out of my ass for labour.

Free parts? Never heard of it. Is this some special promotion?

No it's the 1 year warrenty on the engine

+1
    If you have warranty shouldn't you get free labour? SBT engine?

I thought so but people are saying BRP will only cover part, you have to pay the labour. I wish shipping was cheaper because I would sent it off. But then that would take 3 weeks So what do you do.

+1
    How long is the dealer saying they will take? I would add 2-3 weeks to it.. ask me how I know..

I what to know more. 2 to 3 weeks. That would be a nice's bill

+1
    You would have to think at the worst it would be 4 hrs to pull out 8 hrs to strip and fit new parts then another 4 hrs to put back in 1100 to 1500 max 1000 buck sound ok to me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information