Thread: VTS problem

Arrow VTS problem

I have a 2010 rxpx and the vts isn't working. The gauge reads all the way up, but the nozzle is pointing all the way down. Also there is a beep when you put the key in, turn it on, and occasionally just happens randomly when it's being ran. There is no code being displayed on the gauges. I took it to the dealer, they said it was a battery issue and sold me a battery which I charged and put on to no avail. Vts worked the last time I ran it, about a month ago, but then it struggled to go to the bottom most setting on the gauge, sometimes going down, sometimes not. Dealers are closed tomorrow and I was going to go for a ride with a bunch of people Monday. Anyone with any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Is there a way to manually set it for Monday?

I unplugged the 7.5 amp vts fuse and the beeps stop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Shredder View Post
    Is there a way to manually set it for Monday?
    You can just take the VTS rod off and ride. No great holeshot, but will still have top speed. The VTS motor and assy. more than likely has water in it. The water messes up the VTS module/motor. You can try a "Trim Fix" kit,if the VTS motor is ok. Fix the water leak, too.

+1
    taking the rod off won't that allow the bucket to just flop around as it feels like

i just worked on an 07 RXP that blew the VTS fuse... replaced fuse and nothing but clicking, took my vts out tried my whole housing and motor plugged into ski and it worked fine, plugged my motor into their box and it didn't work, took their motor and plugged into my housing and only went one way after taking the motor apart and cleaning it... ended up needing both parts

+1
    [QUOTE=meeper;2410090]taking the rod off won't that allow the bucket to just flop around as it feels like

Nope, just straighten out from water pressure. Doesn't flop around. Ever try using the trim on a Yamaha at full throttle?

The "trim fix kit" will fix it, if the motor is ok.

You may not have reverse, so check that before trying a high speed docking.

Prolly need to replace the motor. Here's how I did mine for cheap.

http://stevejenkins.com/blog/2013/08...s-motor-cheap/

I took it for a ride today and the trim started working poorly near the end, not going to half the settings, including bottom most so I pushed the button down trying to get all the way down then the gauge read top most again and I can't move it now. I think the sensor reading the vts trim level is broken. I think that at the bottom most setting, it's read as top, so it won't go up, and I can't put it down for the gauge to read down as it is already all the way down. Is this a possibility? Anyways i am probably just going to get a fresh motor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Shredder View Post
    I took it for a ride today and the trim started working poorly near the end, not going to half the settings, including bottom most so I pushed the button down trying to get all the way down then the gauge read top most again and I can't move it now. I think the sensor reading the vts trim level is broken. I think that at the bottom most setting, it's read as top, so it won't go up, and I can't put it down for the gauge to read down as it is already all the way down. Is this a possibility? Anyways i am probably just going to get a fresh motor.
    Have some one stand behind the ski and watch how the trim works. Hope you mean the whole VTS assy, because just replacing motor will not fix it.

Thread Information