How to test carbs?

Any easy way to test carbs are going to work after rebuild ??? Or a system of checks ???

+1
    Check out the FAQ section, lots of info on that there.

I have tried to search carb test to no Eval
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    Check out the FAQ section, lots of info on that there.

The only operational check is to leak check with a pop off pump and make sure the needle holds back a few pounds of pressure without leaking down. Then you know the needle and seat is doing it's job. If you rebuilt the carbs with a genuine mikuni rebuild kit and got them good and clean all should work fine.

+1
    There are 16 Stickys in the How-to/FAQ section with Carb or pop off in the title. If you take the time to read them you will find the answers you are searching for. Not everything is listed exactly as you would think, you have to think and read between the lines when doing searches, there will be pieces of information in several places that will help you get a solution. For instance checking and adjusting pop off, there are threads about checking, about changing, adjusting maybe not everything is in one thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberd42 View Post
    The only operational check is to leak check with a pop off pump and make sure the needle holds back a few pounds of pressure without leaking down. Then you know the needle and seat is doing it's job. If you rebuilt the carbs with a genuine mikuni rebuild kit and got them good and clean all should work fine.
    not trying to jack the thread or anything because I am also interested in this and have tried to research as much as I possibly could. That being said I rebuilt my carbs with a genuine mikuni kit and not my 2000 xl700 wont go past 1/3 throttle. The local mechanic said it is most likely because I replaced the spring in the carb with the mikuni one. I have tried to find what the popoff pressure should be for the ski but cant really find and solid numbers. Is he giving me the right advice or what else could lead to this problem?

Thread Information