+1

GP760 carb issue?

Preface: 99 GP760, newly rebuilt engine installed with <4 hours of run time on new motor (purchased online). Took ski out after engine swap on Saturday, ran fine, no issues other than porpoising (fixes for that are on the way, thanks to forum search). Take it out the next day and it ran fine all day until it was time to go home. Engine bogged down at WOT and wouldnt go faster than 8mph.

Monday, On the Hose:

idles rough w/o any throttle, and will die on its own if no throttle given to it after 5-6 seconds. if you rev the ski past 4k, the engine will take off, and stay bouncing off the rev limiter with no throttle given until you press the stop button or pull the lanyard off. Now, with the take off issue, i took the air intake horn and flame arrestor screens off, the butterfly valves on the top of the carb are fully closing (EG the throttle cable is not sticking open). is this an issue with the carb or possibly something else?

I purchased genuine mikuni rebuild kits with N/S and they are waiting to be installed when i get home from work. When rebuilding carbs with exact kit that came off as factory, you still have to set/reset the pop off pressures or does that not get messed with?

Also, on a stock impeller, what is typical top speed on this ski? onboard speedo (yes, not GPS i know), shows to max out at 40 with wind at my back on WOT. Ski is completely stock for now (besides choke eliminator/primer knob) but i have quite of bit of stuff ordered for it to try and get this baby running properly/better.
    Last edited by reactorpwr; 06-29-2014 at 12:58 PM.

+1
    disregard, found problem.. pulse pump hose for #1 cylinder had come disconnected in the rough surf i guess. sucking air into engine/no fuel to #1 cylinder

Thread Information