+1

TEST RESULTS: Jim's FF Plate and Advent CDI

Prior to the additions of these mods my GPR was running on average around 69.3 to 69.5, with a 69.9 here and there. On ONE occasion, 40 degree weather, I was able to get a 70.7 run but couldnt repeat it so I assume it was a spike. My RPM's had been around 7160-7180.

I first started by adding Jim's FF plate. I already had the stock R&D, I just sent it out to Jim. It took me about 9 hours to grind the pump for the plate to fit because all I had was sandpaper .

So went out for some test with this new plate that is supposed to be so awesome. ---BTW, just kidding about the sandpaper --- So I took off for the water and as I got underway I could tell the front of the boat was higher out of the water. First run I clicked off a 71.5, went in the other direction and clicked off a 71.7 @ 7160 RPM. Did this a couple of times with almost identical results. So ****, right there going from a stock R&D to Jim's modded plate I gained a bit over 2 MPH . Let me tell you, the new FF mod (I assume the mod to the center of the plate/skegs) makes this boat turn like nothing else. It cuts!!

Okay great, so now im at 71.7 @ 7160 RPM. Time to toss the Advent on there.

I head back to the dock and as quickly as possible rip the electronics box out and install the Advent which was set up for curve 84, snap 60 and 7500 RPM.

About 35 min after my Jim's plate test im on the water synching my GPS up. I putt around a bit, stop and nail the throttle ( I also have jetworks mod) my poor little Nu-jet just spun like a top. I did some mid-range test and let me tell you, this Advent kicks ass.

Now for the better part. I begin my top-speed run and im looking at my tach and I see the RPM's start running past 7200. I max out at 7250, which is easly 80 more RPM than I have seen since last summer. I look at my GPS and I hit 72.5 on that run. So I quickly cleaned the crap out of my pants and took off in the other direction. 72.7 @ 7260 RPM. 4 other runs came and went with similar results.

SO, Advent acceleration is nasty AND it gave me a good 80 RPMS and almost 1 MPH on top.

SOO, Jim's plate and the Advent CDI gave me almost 3 MPH total and on top of that the boat handles better and accelerates much better.

So looking ahead.

- I didn't get to plug the plate holes, which was done on my speed test with the stock R&D plate. +.5 MPH

- I'm running a 1200 intake grate. + 1 MPH w/ 800 intake

- Fercho is sending my VF3 reeds next week (I'm now running my stock reeds with almost 200 hours)

- The reeds should put me at around 7350 RPM's

At that point I plan to add the 05 pump with a properly pitched Dynafly prop to bring my revs back down.

My goal is 75 MPH with that to-do list.

Not bad for an unported 1200 with 200 (197) hours on the clock.

Alright I'm done, get off your ass and buy Jim's FF plate if you already haven't.
    Last edited by MPower; 04-01-2007 at 05:11 PM.

+1
    Excellent !!!

Jim's plate rocks !!

My results were simular with the Advent but sure you run the best fuel available. Don't let that stuff stay in your tank to long.

You will be very happy with those reeds.

Don't do anything with that DF at first. My 1200 goes almost 76 with the stock pitch and 1200 grate. No porting.

What temps were you testing at?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Excellent !!!

Jim's plate rocks !!

My results were simular with the Advent but sure you run the best fuel available. Don't let that stuff stay in your tank to long.

You will be very happy with those reeds.

Don't do anything with that DF at first. My 1200 goes almost 76 with the stock pitch and 1200 grate. No porting.

What temps were you testing at?

Thanks Duke!!

Temps during testing were around 75 degrees with about 60% humidity.

+1
    AWESOME ! Congrats on your sped numbers bro !

I LOVE hearing of FAST 1200's !! unported ones especially !

Keep them 1200's ALIVE !!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    AWESOME ! Congrats on your sped numbers bro !

I LOVE hearing of FAST 1200's !! unported ones especially !

Keep them 1200's ALIVE !!

Thanks Billy!!

I hope to be running atleast 75 in a week or so, creeping up on the fastest unported 1200's owned by you and Duke.

+1
    F****** awesome! Man, you're making me wet.
    With the exception of the Advent, I am about to do the same to my boat. Pulling parts today, ordering more tomorrow. Please pm me the info on the advent. Also, What compression are you running and have you replaced your rings?
    Kirk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Thanks Billy!!

I hope to be running atleast 75 in a week or so, creeping up on the fastest unported 1200's owned by you and Duke.
    Start doing 700 situps and pushups a day if you want to run with them.

Good job . You are headed in the right direction for sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    F****** awesome! Man, you're making me wet.
    With the exception of the Advent, I am about to do the same to my boat. Pulling parts today, ordering more tomorrow. Please pm me the info on the advent. Also, What compression are you running and have you replaced your rings?
    Kirk

Sent you a PM Kirk!

Thread Information