780 SLT Pump reassembly

Can anyone tell me what the threaded hole below the stainless hose connection is for? I was not the person that took it apart & trying to figure out how to reassemble.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	334315  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    This is on the right hand side of the jet pump base, correct?

Polaris jet pumps can have zero, one or two bilge siphons. The pump base in the photo has only one bilge siphon fitting. This provides the connection to the pump nozzle siphon tubes, and inside the hull connects to the bilge siphon mesh intakes.

Does your jet pump exit nozzle have a single siphon tube?

+1
    Here's some pic's that may help just happens I have some handy

Views:	25 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	334325   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	24 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	334326  

+1
    Seems normal. One siphon at the nozzle, one siphon fitting at the pump base.

And presumably one siphon bilge pickup hose inside the hull.

If you notice there is a plug or fitting in the threaded hole below the stainless hose connection. In the first picture I posted that connection is empty. I am now thinking a cable may go through this although will check when I get back home. It will likely become obvious once I start putting int all back together. I just didnt want to get everything all ready with sealant and then find out I am missing something.

Views:	23 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	334346  

Ok I checked and both cables (steering and trim) come through the hull not through the pump housing. There is only one siphon connection which is the Stainless spigot shown in the first picture I posted (This ski has a bilge pump).
    The picture above looks like it has a plug threaded into this fitting suggesting it is not required in all applications. The ski I am working on did not have a plug and I cannot find any obvious connection or fitting for this open threaded hole. I don't want to seal this back to the hull until I figure out what threads into this. The parts diagram does not shed any light. It is likely obvious but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
    Anyone have any suggestions? I am hoping someone here will make me feel dumb

Thanks
    Al

+1
    It has the base is off an sl 750 witch uses two siphon tubes and the exit nozzle I used was off an slx780 witch only uses one siphon tube so in order to stop water from entering my hull I plugged the hole and used a single siphon and elec. bilge pump . If your exit nozzle has two tubes connect hose from the base to the nozzle then look inside you will find rubber hoses going from the tubes up the hull close to the seat then down to the hull bottom with mesh screens at the end this removes water out of the hull

+1
    Sorry gess it would have bin better not to have posted a pic I was trying to show how you could plug it if you were only using one siphon witch k447 was telling you is ok some cam this way and some came with two

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAl View Post
    Ok I checked and both cables (steering and trim) come through the hull not through the pump housing. There is only one siphon connection which is the Stainless spigot shown in the first picture I posted (This ski has a bilge pump).
    The picture above looks like it has a plug threaded into this fitting suggesting it is not required in all applications. The ski I am working on did not have a plug and I cannot find any obvious connection or fitting for this open threaded hole. I don't want to seal this back to the hull until I figure out what threads into this. The parts diagram does not shed any light. It is likely obvious but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
    Anyone have any suggestions? I am hoping someone here will make me feel dumb

Thanks
    Al
    The pump base has two holes for bilge siphons. Depending on your watercaft model, the actual configuration may only use one of the holes, the one which has the pass through hose fitting installed. The other hole simply doesn't do anything.

When the base is sealed to the hull there will not be a hole through the actual transom behind the open but unused threaded hole in the pump base.

If you want to be tidy you can thread a plug into the pump base for the unneeded hole. This would be essentially a cosmetic thing.

Compare the holes in the actual hull with the holes in the pump base. The extra hole in the pump base casting should match up with a solid black area on the hull, with no hole through to the hull interior.

Thread Information