+1

Sea Doo Surprised ME!

Just from what i have read online i thought i wanted the 310LX. Well this weekend i went to both Sea Doo and Yamaha-hahaha-NO. I really liked the 215 wake edition, and the two seater 260 (dont remember all the different letters). Well i loved the 2 seater. It was a 2013 left over. I have to have a 3 seater for pulling in indiana tho. The wake edition was very nice. I just feel like i could make the same setup myself (i work in a cnc shop). I feel like i would want the power from the 260 after a very short period of time (just sold my 200HP cbr1000rr highly modded).

Can you guys give me any info? I was sure i wanted the 310 now im stuck.

+1
    When i went to the Yamaha dealer i was not pleased at all. Nothing there made me happy like it did at the sea doo place. I walked into the sea doo place thinking well i just gotta look to say that i did. I was pleased from the fit and finish to the sales guy. I am still very young so sales guys normaly dont take me seriously. The Sea Doo guy helped me as much as he could. My internet research quickly went over his head tho. I really like the looks on the Sea Doos. The paint looked great. The design looked nice. I left there thinking HMM that was nice.

+1
    I got to the Yamaha dealer 4 doors down the road. From the time i pulled into the parking lot i could tell i didnt like it. The skis themself just didnt look or feel right. I felt like i would rip the mirrors off just buy looking at them. They were not mounted very well at all. The guy in there was not trying to sell me a ski. He seemed to not know a damn thing about them. No way would i pay good money for the yamaha.

For me its between the kawasaki and the Sea Doo. The big question is which one.

+1
    Well it sounds like you like modding your toys and need three seats to comply with pulling regulations....

Seadoo I'd look at the RXT-X(similar looking to the 2 seater rxpx but holds three)...The S3 hull is excellent all the way around and you can get some good top speed out of it. Braking and Reverse system on the Seadoo's are very slick, most love it. Can run 87 octane but recommends premium. If you mod though you'll need premium only.

Yamaha FZS is what I'd look at in there line up for you.....Not a lot of bells and whistles but a great motor...By far the cheapest ski to get speed out of. For around 2K you can safely and easily go over 80MPH.

Kaw. 310....is a nice all around. Has a lot of features standard. I've always found the dash and handle bar layout kind of plain jane compared to Seadoo. Just not a lot of time spent on the fit and finish look of it. But overall an excellent ski and the best ski for the ocean. Not a lot upgrades to get more speed but for well under 1K you can have about a 73-74MPH ski that will keep that speed in rougher waters that other skis will become unhooked and have a very hard time ever keeping up. Probably not an issue in Indiana for you. Will burn up the most gas out of all the skis.

+1
    I wont be modding until the warranty is up. I have not made up my mind if i will buy a spark for the wife plus me a big ski. I may just do the one big ski.

I really like the 310 looks and its speed. I guess the rxt-x is just about the same tho. So really it comes down to price and which one i think is better built.

+1
    If you will be a lake rider then go for the seadoo, almost the same speed but less fuel than kawi. And the rxtx would be my choice. If you can afford the 260 models don't look for 215 hp models..soon enough you will be looking for upgrades since you a go-fast guy! Kawis are good skis but lake wise, seadoo is a better match.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Do you know the range of the 260? Does the 260 have an eco mode of some kind? The 310 has the eco mode and with it and a steady speed of 35-40 you can get around 100 miles to the tank.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemounlio View Post
    Do you know the range of the 260? Does the 260 have an eco mode of some kind? The 310 has the eco mode and with it and a steady speed of 35-40 you can get around 100 miles to the tank.
    Yes they have ECO mode and it makes a big difference in range.

Base on my experience with my RXP-X 260 in ECO mode you'd get right around a 100 miles using about 12 gallons of fuel cruising at about 30-35MPH. But beware a lot can play into fuel use with any supercharged ski.

In normal(cruising) mode my computer says I'm burning about 4.5 to 5.3 gallons per hour(just flips from 4 to 5 so I'm estimating on the tenth) when I cruise between 30-35MPH. 40MPH it says like 6 gallons per an hour. Eco mode maybe gains about 15%-20% better fuel economy according to computer. Usually under 42MPH or so you'll stay off the boost of the supercharger(depending on conditions and weight). If you stay off the boost you'll burn about 7 gallons an hour at the best speed with no boost. For me its about 42-43MPH.

Also remember the Seadoo you can use 87 octane with no problems(most only use it in a pinch). Not sure of the marinas in your area but by me I have about 200 miles of waterways/shoreline I can access and only one place has premium. So its nice knowing if I need to get gas I'm ok.

Thread Information