My first Seadoo need advice

Hello everyone
    I have a 94 Seado xp 657x. Never owned a jet ski before but I am good with engines..
    It's been sitting for a long time.. Here is the issue ...... Installed new starter solenoid and new battery.
    no kill switch, by the vts just 2 bare wires.... When wires are apart engine will not crank, but the vts will work and or make a clicking noise in the black box... If you cross the kill switch wires vts stops working but the engine will crank and fire for 2 seconds and quit..... Any ideas?? Thanks in advance

Bump!

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    welcome to the hulk...

and no ideas at all...

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    get the factory kill switch in place. DO NOT much around, it's easy to damage the mpem. Get the trim in the middle position and forget it, go out and enjoy the ski.

when the engine starts the mpem gets a signal that the engine is ruinning..if it doesn't get that signal it kills the ignition..soo....

after the engine quits, will it restart? is there spark?..if you have to disconnect and reconnect the battery then the mpem is toast...which may be why it was sitting a long time.

start on some searches for the mpem in that model ski..there is LOTS of info on them here.

Engines are a universal issue, the specifics of Seadoo ignitions are another matter entirely

Thanks for the advice gives me some ideas for what to check... No need to disconnect the battery I can pull the lanyard kill and reattach, and it will fire again.. Also I searched on here and found that it still had the original Grey fuel lines and it was nasty without taking the lines off I could see the green gummy cruddy around the connection points. I bought new fuel lines will be busy tomorrow... Thanks again for the advice I'll let you know how it turns out...

Replaced all fuel lines cleaned carbs and screens, a spring loaded arm under the carb going into the crank case was not attached properly fixed that. Changed plugs lots of spark.. But the ski wouldn't start so I removed the twist off basket filter and installed a Marine inline fuel filter. Ski started right up and the idle went high with no lag at WOT. I hope the idle will drop when I drop it in the water tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the advice

Thread Information