Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Having troublepicking 310 vs Sea Doo

So i finally went to both Sea Doo and Yamaha dealers. Screw that Yamaha crap! The Sea Doos on the other hand looked great. I really liked the looks the feel and everything else. I loved the Sea Doos 260 in the 2 person version. In indiana you have to have a 3 seater to tow tho.

What can you guys tell me about the kawasaki over the sea doos to make me want it more then the Sea doo? Im 50/50 now.

+1
    I liked the wake 215 sea doo. I think if they made a wake 260 i would get that one for sure. I feel that i could make a wake board holder, and a rear handle with rope attachment point for the 310. I work in a CNC machine shop. So really it comes down to which i like better and the fit n finish on them.

Banned User
    +1
    Kawasaki's fiberglass hull is the best in the business and the holeshot is second to none - important if you pull a skier or tube

4. +1 by:

+1
    I might be at 51/49 just because i have liked the 300 for so long now im about ready to buy and making the choice is actually hard

+1
    the 310 will be best for towing by far. what else are you looking to get out of it?

+1
    Towing, speed, stability, storage, range, in general fun. I just sold my motorcycle due to the fact that the wife couldn't really drive it. She will be able to drive the ski. So i need speed/ ability for her to drive. Also i want it to be reliable. With it being so expensive i dont want to be fixing it all the time.

I'm fully aware you have to maintain it to keep it nice and that's fine. We will be riding just her and i most of the time so it must be reliable.

Hi Mike, I have just bought my second GTX iS 260 LTD. The seat is very comfortable and big enough but, for adults, I don't think that any ski does 3 people properly. The rear-facing passenger has nice footholds in the rear deck, it's comfortable in that position. I would say there's sufficient power to easily kill yourself and both my craft achieved over 70mph (1x 210 Lb man aboard!). The iS is a big, heavy ski that offers great stability on rougher water but won't quite match the 310 out of the hole. The question is though, are you planning on multiple daily drag racing events or sports touring? But aside from all the above, after all is said and done, few people seem to be aware that no other ski offers better rough water speed capability as the iS. I have raced RXPs with their sport pumps etc, they hop outta the water on the beans but even with a small chop and they're history in no time. If you're riding rough water and value your back, go for an iS. I cannot emphasise enough the difference between a solid and suspended hull -it is far from a gimmick.

+1
    You're leaving out that the 310x is the rough water king, and the iS skis are a PITA to mod and work on.

+1
    I will be in lakes and rivers most of the time. It will be once or twice a year that i will see waves of any real kind. I love the idea of the IS but not for a first ski. Thats just to much to learn about all at once.

I still think the 310 would be my best option. I plan to do a lot of towing and boards. The 310 seems to be the choice for that.

+1
    It sounds like you really want the 310x, so that's what I would get if I were you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information