Re SC failures Answers if U have

I read various posts on this problem of SC failures...let's clarify the senarios.
    from what i have read most of the time it seem that the problem has occured during jumping the machine out of the water and not letting off on the throttle..causing severe revs and them Wamo back into the water and it's a hard smack of water hitting the impeller causing this unit to fail.

I looking for answers..from people who are in the know...thank you

(1) Is failure going to happen to someone with no mods (less likely) ?

(2) If a person has a stock machine and lets off on the throttle when out of the water more likely not to have this problem.

(3) Does it make any difference stock or moded it's just going to happen..So is the answer just change it ?

(4) What about now hearing from people who say the steel washers get glazed from the heat and then the SC starts slipping ?

What is the best way to STOP this from possibly happening ? or is there no real 100% method to the madness ?

thank you...please respond...

+1
    Just have the metel washers installer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lvnspeed View Post
    Just have the metel washers installer.
    ditto

riva's washers have a glaze....green hulk's dosnt....you can do whateever you want once you install green hulks washers

I have discussed this with a lot of dealers and get the same answer! Let off the throttle when you come unhooked! Well easier said then done! That's why Riva came out with the BOV in the stage 1 kit. I have this installed in my 04 RXP with the 06 upgrade. At approximately 75 hours, I pulled the SC and found one about to let go! You should inspect the washers at 50 hours at least anyway. I just had the same argument with the dealer that I purchased my RXT from. He looked at me and said that out of 300 of these units he sells a year, that he see about 20 of them come back with ceramic failure. With this being said to me, I don't want to be 1 of the 20. Solution: Have Jerry install his washers in your SC to give you a piece of mind. Shibby typed up a great statement on this message board about this. Remember; this is a performance board were people usually upgrade as well as learn how to protect thier investments.

jmaxy: a stock machine or modified ski`s ceramics could fail. A modified machine prolly more likely bc of higher horsepower and higher RPM`s.
    I can say that type of waters and riding style affect the ceramics more so...

if you constantly ride in chop and jump waves and the pump becomes hooked and unhooked frequently VS the smooth water riders, you greatly increase the chance of failure.

not saying that it is going to absolutely happen to your ski, it is just the best insurance you could get to prevent engine damge when the ceramic disc`s come apart and enter your oiling system even if it is just run for a few minutes.
    Ceramic is very very hard and even when crushed to smaller particles it is still very abrasive...
    The best thing you or anyone can do for your ski`s is to get the ceramics out and install GH`s washers and now you can ride without the fear of this happenening while your enjoying your time on the water!...PR...

+1
    i'll offer my testimonial..

Bone STOCK '05 RXP 31 hours ceramics blew up.. 2 riding hours later happended again (I suspect it was the dealers fault the 2nd time for notoriously not doing a sufficient job). I have the feeling that it happened the 1st time because I frequently enjoyed the acceleration as in I jumped out of the water from a dead stop a lot.. Jerry's metal washers are going in right when I find out what damn year washers I need.
    I suggest you do the same and have the washers replaced

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jmaxy View Post

(1) Is failure going to happen to someone with no mods (less likely) ? Yes, get metal washers.

(2) If a person has a stock machine and lets off on the throttle when out of the water more likely not to have this problem. It will help, but get metal washers.

(3) Does it make any difference stock or moded it's just going to happen..So is the answer just change it ? It might make a difference, get metal washers.

(4) What about now hearing from people who say the steel washers get glazed from the heat and then the SC starts slipping ? Coated washers had this problem. Jerry's are NOT coated, get metal washers.

What is the best way to STOP this from possibly happening ? or is there no real 100% method to the madness ? Get metal washers and do proper routine maintainance, it's a high performance machine, they need TLC.

thank you...please respond...
    Answers above

Did i mention you should get the metal washer?

Thread Information