+1

Cold air intake for (iS) (aS) ski's

Using a SC hose and crancase nipple from my old 06 rxt I had laying around from when I upgraded to 4" kanaflex.

Much cheaper alternative for the suspension ski's then the riva 269.00 CAI. if anything you have a little more access to the motor

Just need to find the correct size filter for it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cold air 3.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	334402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cold air 2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	334403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cold air 1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	334404  

Nice work. When you get it tuned share it with those who have the same ski. Nothing like saving $ when grassroots innovation works!

+1
    will do just got to find the correct size filter

Quote Originally Posted by BEECHFRONT View Post
    Using a SC hose and crancase nipple from my old 06 rxt I had laying around from when I upgraded to 4" kanaflex.

Much cheaper alternative for the suspension ski's then the riva 269.00 CAI. if anything you have a little more access to the motor

Just need to find the correct size filter for it
    Nice. Why did you go with the crankcase nipple? If it's for the breather, it's much better to use a catch can - have you seen the unconbustable crap that comes out of that breather? Not nice to coat your SC and IC internals with that. There is a sticky to make your own catch can if you want to complete the DIY theme.

+1
    I had a catch can on my 06, I did not tap into the hose yet and still may use a catch can with this , Just need to see were I can install it to get easy access without taking top shell off.

Do you have a pic of the location of yours?

Can send you photo, but no easy place. Certainly can't access without lifting rear of deck. My catch can, normal size, can hold enough for at least one if not two seasons riding. So I doubt my ski can run that many hours without the top deck needing to be opened at least once for some other reason!! Then I'll empty.

Photo will be next week as all pipework is out right now rebuilding SC plus fitting mods.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Can send you photo, but no easy place. Certainly can't access without lifting rear of deck. My catch can, normal size, can hold enough for at least one if not two seasons riding. So I doubt my ski can run that many hours without the top deck needing to be opened at least once for some other reason!! Then I'll empty.

Photo will be next week as all pipework is out right now rebuilding SC plus fitting mods.
    did you ever get any pics of catch can mounting location?

Old-ish thread. Whilst re installing a popped SC hose and having the upper deck lifted, I was thinking of installing a RIVA air intake for the iS..

A couple of questions, is it a noticeable increase in performance? and or sound? Also are people leaving the OE air tube on top of the motor in position?

Am I wasting my money on this modification?

Thread Information