Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

My seadoo experience.

Tried to pick up my brand new 2014 seadoo rxpx260 0 hrs on the clock and they could not get it started. Took the a week before i could come back. At 7 hrs the DESS post failed and left me stranded and had to be towed back. Another week no ski. 30 hrs just when I thought everything was fine now I get a check engine light and a IBR light and the ski goes into limp mode. So now the ski is sitting at the dealer again and they are not sure when they can get it back to me because now they are swamped. That is my BRP experience and I think it will be my last. Who knew they made such junk! Definitely feel like I made the wrong choice. Anyone else absolutely as disgusted as me with there new seadoo?

Sorry to hear this, I'm at 36 hours ,and it's been great so far , but 36 hours isn't a lot. I was worried about buying a Seadoo because of all the excessive electronics as well as the Super charger , but I finally took the risk ,and haven't regretted it yet.

I do wish they made a RXP-X with no IBR or electronic key. Standard manual reverse would be all I wanted.

Hope they get it sorted for you soon. Keep us updated.

+1
    Your issues sound like a bad dealer more than a ski issues... They should have been able to fix the no start before you picked it up!!! Time to find a new dealer..

Why did they say the DESS post was bad??? I havent replaced a DESS post on a ski in years, I dont think yours went bad at 7 hours....Bad excuses from a no so good dealer in my opinion.....

Hmmm. Poster is from Long Island New York. I think I know this dealer. I tried working with this dealer two seasons ago. I found a new leftover ski I wanted on PWCTrader.com. They gave me a jerk around on the phone so I drove there with $14,000 cash. I told them I had 11. The sales guy was more interested in Googling the resort of his buddy's destination wedding in Cozumel or something like that tahn pulling in 11 grand for his store. He had to call his warehouse. No ski. OK how about the other one? I have to call. Gee sorry you have to suffer using the phone. Nope. Don't have that one either. So I get home and find a short hour used model of the one I want and buy it. After three weeks I'm cleaning it and flushing it after a ride and while it's draining it the dealer calls and suddenly has what I drove four hours to make a deal for. I told him what happened and that I'll still make a deal. Trade my used one for his new one straight up. And they handle the shipping. He told me he'd call back in 15 minutes. It's been 2 years. I'm glad I decided not to hold my breath. Oh yeah, they wanted $450 to flash the ECU on the new ski and $450 to uncrate it and dispose of the crate trash.

And if they couldn't start it when you went to pick it up that was an indication to scrap the deal. I'm sure they'd try to burn you out but I'd be going nuts. Bad juju.

+1
    Well all I know is that they definitely changed the DESS post and that has been fine since. IDK the dealer seems to know what they are doing, but I could be wrong I guess. I was planning on doing some upgrades to the ski but now there is no way I'm voiding that warranty. It's too bad because it is such a blast to ride.

+1
    Oh and yea the sales people are assholes I totally agree with you. If we are talking about the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by INFE View Post
    Oh and yea the sales people are assholes I totally agree with you. If we are talking about the same place.
    Formula One or New York Motorcycle? I think they own one more store. Have the island buttoned up I'm guessing. Overall it's Whitey's Marine I think.

+1
    I would rather not say. They still have my ski lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by INFE View Post
    I would rather not say. They still have my ski lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information