Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaris forum.

Banned User
    +1

Polaris forum.

Is it me or is every thread here one of 3 things?

1. I just got a SLT 750.

2. My DI doesnt run.

3. I have no spark.

nobody does any cool projects anymore it seems.

If it werent for the friends I have made here I wouldnt have much reason be on here any more.

+1
    It's true. It's not just you. I will probably never finish my projects, but I did get my Virage into the garage this weekend finally. I stripped the stock ride plate, intake grate, mirrors, and steering. I installed some aftermarket bars, hot seat sponsons and stainless steel acorn nuts in the mirror mount holes. I have a brand-new Ocean Pro rideplate and R & D intake grate that I will be installing. My intentions are to drop a 1350 big bore on a single pipe in it first, and then eventually put the triple pipes in it. But we will see. I have a tendency to not follow through lately.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	334413  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Is it me ...?

nobody does any cool projects anymore it seems.

If it werent for the friends I have made here ...
    Well, nothing is forever. It was good while it lasted!

Not everybody likes public forums. Scottie's recent finished racing Matrix build and Lugs race team have been doing a bunch of interesting stuff, 90% of which may never be posted here. There seems to be a number of 4-Tec MSX conversions running around, some of which we hear almost nothing about.

On the other hand, ByranP recently did a Classic Matrix build starting from a truly bare hull, showing fine workmanship.

SpannerSpencer is learning how to stretch his arms out with his '2005 Matrix' replica conversion.

Projects happen here and there, but right now there is a tidal swell of new owners and recently de-winterized stock Polaris watercraft that have issues. Happens every year, no?

Each of us participates for our own reasons. Sometimes we are not even sure ourselves what the draw is, why we keep coming back. A sense of community, yes. Doing something to help others and feel good about ourselves in the process perhaps.

Sharing the experience and finding others with similar enthusiasm. Yep.

+1
    I sorry you feel this way I can't speak for everyone but I do appreciate all the help . really most of these projects would not be possible without parts and tech from people like you a lot can be said for bin there dun that

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpa101 View Post
    I sorry you feel this way I can't speak for everyone but I do appreciate all the help . really most of these projects would not be possible without parts and tech from people like you a lot can be said for bin there dun that

Im just saying I miss all of the projects and such that used to go on. Its really turned into a tech support forum now.

+1
    Bryan, if it makes you feel any better, I now have almost everything I need to triple pipe my Pro 1200 this fall. I will post up more on that later. The bitch of it is, I am kicking myself for not getting everything last fall or over the winter since every lake, stream, river, puddle, you name it has a no wake restriction and they are just sitting in the garage. Would have been the perfect time to have completed the project had I got my stuff together.

You are right though, I hit the forum a couple times a day looking for something new.

There are some really great and knowledgeable people who help both in the threads and behind the scenes. Thank you for all the help.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post
    Bryan, if it makes you feel any better, I now have almost everything I need to triple pipe my Pro 1200 this fall. I will post up more on that later. The bitch of it is, I am kicking myself for not getting everything last fall or over the winter since every lake, stream, river, puddle, you name it has a no wake restriction and they are just sitting in the garage. Would have been the perfect time to have completed the project had I got my stuff together.

You are right though, I hit the forum a couple times a day looking for something new.
    Sometime when I am up that way I will bring the skis and we should go ride.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rpa101 View Post
    I'm just saying I miss all of the projects and such that used to go on....
    There is a project I would like to see.

Put together a parts kit and related how-to info for dropping the 4-Tec engine into Polaris hulls. MSX is the prime candidate but I suspect the Virage and Genesis hulls would be rather fast rides with that much power!

There have been a number of these individual conversions but often the engineering is one-off and the ability to replicate the needed pieces is not present.

On the Yamaha side, as an example, there are conversion engine mounts and other needed pieces available from various sources and the GPR with 4-Tec is a fairly well understood 'recipe'.

So the project would not be just doing an engine conversion, per se, but creating the 'kit' and process to make it easier for others to replicate the build. THAT would be cool, as a project. It would involve a bunch of members across the community.

And it could well result in a raft of rather fast re-powered Polaris watercraft running around and surprising people!

Banned User
    +1
    I already have an MSX thats pretty fast........

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    So true. The PSI SL is just sitting. It's total potential has never been touched. I just don't have the time or desire to get back into it. Someone needs to find it a new home. Hell...I have had a stroker crank sitting in the garage for 5 years now for my pulling tractor.... and it hasn't seen the track in 4 years.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information