snapper455

fuel range, race facts etc.

Well the ultra X will go 1 hr. at Wide open throttle on flat water at a race with out running out, As for stock class this boat rules! big time. In proam SS our team boats finished 1st, 2nd and 4th. The Riva sponsons are a must. We ran them in the middle on all the boats. The UMI has the wrong angle from the deck to the bars. So we are getting UMI to change them for race applications. They make you sit to far back. Also they need a splash deflecter as well. It was really weird racing on pump gas.

Snapper, this is not April fools info is it?

If it is not, then congrats and good to know that the Riva sponsons helped out in the middle position.

Is there anything else that is done to the Ultras in the race....or to your Ultra?

+1
    Snapper is spot on. The Ultra was very impressive. This was a power plant lake & by far considered to be the smoothest lake we race on. Most including the guys on the Ultras figured the RXP's & Tyler's SC 15F would be in the lead after the start buoys & then everyone would wait for the chop to get up before the Ultra's started making their move. there is no doubt the 15F would have been in the lead but it failed to fire off & Tyler got off the starting line dead last out of 14 boats. After the start buoys trhe 15F had climbed to 7th. However, an RXP was in the lead with the Ultras in hot pursuit. Tyler on the SC 15F was making up 1 second per lap but it would not matter. After about 4 laps the course started to chop up & the Ultras just ate it up. While the RXP's & 15Fwere being tossed around on the straights & in the corners the Ultrats were flat & never bobbled. Tyler's hopes were done when his steering went & he could barely turn left, followed closely by a broken belt & blown out water box at a minimum. Most impressive to me was how the Ultras handled the rough as expected but folks they corner much better than I thought they would. The Ultras are like racing a Cadillac. The jockey's could have been eating a sandwich & talking on a cell phone in the rough stuff while guys on RXP's & SC 15F were hanging on for dear life. The Ultras will only be more impressive on the bigger lakes to come. I see most everyone else racing for 4th or below as far as finishes. As far as closed course goes, before yesterday i would have said no way. Now I am very interested to se how they do.

Sounds good, looks like I made the right choice for my new ski. Neither me nor my ski was ready for this race but I will be there at Sommerville.

Poppa Dawg, sorry about ya'lls troubles. I would have thought that the SC boat would have been ok at that glorified stock pond they call a lake.

Snapper, was Younts riding one of the Ultras?

+1
    Eric,

Curtis 1st on an Ultra, Younts 2nd on an Ultra, Wise 3rd on an RXP, Peter 4th on an Ultra.

I guess that answers the durabilty question, none of them take pity on the ski's.

Yeah the ultras did pretty well on sat. mine poped out the rubber head gasket in practice and blew 1.5 quarts all over the place but after i got that fixed i went on to win race 4 over all. This thing handles chop and others ski wakes and wash like a breeze. Dont know the guys name that was radaring but he said it was running 62 down the front stretch infront of the tower. What have yall over there at g-force done to them so far if you dont mind saying.

-Alex "speedey" Gonzalez

I did a Fun-Run Race on Sunday and the 250 Rails. We ran in the surf and the 250 was nice. Turned better then I was expecting. In the morning guys talked trash about its size and that it didnt handle.

With R-Rated intake and Riva Sponsons it plowed everything in its way. Rough stuff meant hammer down on it. 3 ft rollers were butter. Went through them not over them. Went through it so hard that it blinded riders 12 foot left and right of me.

Oh and I topped it off at 7-11 in the morning, nice to not have to go to the VP guys.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    Yeah the ultras did pretty well on sat. mine poped out the rubber head gasket in practice and blew 1.5 quarts all over the place but after i got that fixed i went on to win race 4 over all. This thing handles chop and others ski wakes and wash like a breeze. Dont know the guys name that was radaring but he said it was running 62 down the front stretch infront of the tower. What have yall over there at g-force done to them so far if you dont mind saying.

-Alex "speedey" Gonzalez
    Alex, congratulations, you ran a very good race. Our RXP's are going to have a tough time trying to catch up with you this year. Those 250's were sure impressive.

Thread Information