Got called out today -

by my wife of all people. When I picked up my 1300 last year, I gave her my 98 GP800. By the end of summer, she got tried of getting left behind and said it weren't happin this year.

So yesterday she traded in the GP800 (just over 200 hours) for a new Ultra 250x. Now she thinks she's gonna be ahead of me, and I'm trying to tell her she's dreaming. I was feeling real good until she said even during the Ultra's break-in period that she is a good bit faster than my 1300 which is in pieces on the garage floor!

Some days you just can't win!

Welcome to the club. I use to leave my wife when she had her XLT1200. She got tired of driving the "mini van" as she called it, so I got her the RXP. Now she grins as she nails it and goes by. I'm working on my 1300 now so I can hang better. Problem is, I'm working on hers too.

As for right now both of you need to get those ride plates angled correctly and a dynafly prop installed. That should put you ahead of the stock ultra and the stock rxp. Then if the wife wants something done to her ski, do just enough to keep her one click behind you.

Congrats on the new ultra btw.

[quote=porksword;247051]As for right now both of you need to get those ride plates angled correctly and a dynafly prop installed. That should put you ahead of the stock ultra and the stock rxp. Then if the wife wants something done to her ski, do just enough to keep her one click behind you.

Parts are lying on the floor waiting to go on.

Yep, my ride plate (Carl's) and 14/20 DF has it's own special place on the garage floor. At least I got the exhaust u-pipe put back in last night, and the milled head will go on tonight.

Gatorcountry, from seeing some of your other post and what you are doing she should be toast. Unfortunately for me I spent my money on the RXP this spring and I will still be in the wifes rearview. But I am DONE on hers and now to start on the 1300.

Quote Originally Posted by Suthrn View Post
    Gatorcountry, from seeing some of your other post and what you are doing she should be toast. Unfortunately for me I spent my money on the RXP this spring and I will still be in the wifes rearview. But I am DONE on hers and now to start on the 1300.
    If she's not toast, I'm gonna be learning how to disconnect one super charger.

Thread Information