+1

GTR Worx Racing Intake Grate

Hey fellas, ive done my searches and found nothing... Has anyone used a Worx intake grate? I love my 2013 GTR but i need more traction in the rough stuff and i tend to porpoise on glass water doesnt matter where the trim is.

I have installed both the Worx intake grate and the sponsons on my 2012 GTR because I couldn't stand the back end of the boat sliding around during hard cornering even with the trim all the way down. The GTR corners very well now and tracks straight when landing from wakes and waves. Unfortunately the ride is a little rougher as the front end is really planted more so than before,and the grate is probably mostly responsible cutting the top speed down 1 to 2 mph. The front end with the trim up doesn't roll over small waves like it used too. It feels like trim adjustments are lower because the intake grate scoop is more severe than the stocker. I might take the Worx grate off in a couple of weeks and put the stock one on to see how it works with Worx sponsons. The Worx sponsons are staying on as I really like the way they work. They are in the lowest position for max grip. Hope this helps.

+1
    Great information! I assumed there was some speed lost on smoother water. As far as the ride quality and speed lost im second guessing this mod. However i do have a week day lake which is smoother than my weekend lake. So maybe ill swap grates when im whichever lake. Hopefully that doesnt become annoying lol. I do agree with the stern feeling like its oversteering. But once you dig the weight in, it turns decently. Sponsons might be a good as well.

I was also hoping, since this ski basicly has traction control(torque limiter) and speed limted thru gps. That it will work as much as it can to hit that top speed of 67-68. And installing an aftermarket grate, wouldnt effect speed. oh well

Thread Information