Water intake line size ? 3/4" ?

Hi All. I have a 2006 GTX LTD.

I want to install the shut off valve on the water intake line rather than using the pincher for towing.

But I wanted to confirm the size I will need. I think it's 3/4" but I saw somewhere else they said 1".

Can anyone confirm for sure if it's 3/4" that I need ?

Thanks for the help !

+1
    as far as I've seen on here, it is 3/4. I bought a 3/4 valve to do mine but haven't found a place with hose yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaGuy24 View Post
    as far as I've seen on here, it is 3/4. I bought a 3/4 valve to do mine but haven't found a place with hose yet.
    Hi TacomaGuy24.

Why do you need hose ? I believe you just cut the existing hose and put the hose barbs into the existing hose and secure with hose clamps.

It seems like it should be a pretty simple job as long as you are sure to identify the correct hose to cut.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pratzert View Post
    Hi TacomaGuy24.

Why do you need hose ? I believe you just cut the existing hose and put the hose barbs into the existing hose and secure with hose clamps.

It seems like it should be a pretty simple job as long as you are sure to identify the correct hose to cut.
    Most people here suggest adding in more hose and routing the cutoff valve up near the seat so it is easier to access if ever needed out on the water

Quote Originally Posted by pratzert View Post
    Hi TacomaGuy24.

Most people here suggest adding in more hose and routing the cutoff valve up near the seat so it is easier to access if ever needed out on the water
    Ahhh... that makes sense.

Have you tried going to a local West Marine for the hose ?

Many marinas with a shop may have the hose as well.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Any auto parts store should have it. I have extra here if you can't find any and need to order it.

8. +1 by:

I know it's an older post. But the size is 3/4".... is that Inside Diameter or Outside ?

At this point, I think I will look for a 3/4" valve with hose barb fittings of 3/4" ID also.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Any auto parts store should have it. I have extra here if you can't find any and need to order it.

Like he said, I got my from advance auto however O'Riley's, pep boys, or autozone should have it by the foot as well.

Thread Information