Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    825
    +1
    57

    it seems to lean... R&D R3 reflash + E1 wheel - how do you set your RRFPR ??

    hi everyone.
    last month... I blown my engine using old athena Ecu.
    now...
    I had rebuilt my engine with carrillo rods Cp pistons and R&D valve train.
    old athena is gone...
    now I have R&D most popular R3 reflash.
    I have E1 wheel
    talk to R&D and they said...
    set RRFPR to 51 rising rate (vacuum hose connected)
    so... I did it.
    here my AFR value

    IDLE 14.5
    2000 14
    3000 13.8
    4000 13
    5000 ??
    i was scared and stop ski immediately
    turn higher fuel pressure.
    now I'm to 60 psi...
    results:
    Idle 13.8
    2000 13.5
    3000 13.0
    4000 12.5
    5000 11.8
    6000 10.9
    it seems a little lean at low rpm...

    not turn higer rmp ... I'm in the break in period...

    can you post some R3 afr value to make a comparison??
    thanks...


    how do you set your rrfpr with R3 program??


  2. #2
    Leendert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
    Posts
    918
    +1
    73
    How can you raise your fuel pressure and have leaner results?

  3. #3
    Ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    825
    +1
    57
    Higher value are lean
    Lower value are Rich.

  4. #4
    @JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Peoples Republic of Minnesota
    Posts
    1,862
    +1
    994
    You should get a professional to tune that thing so you stop blowing engines... from what I understand it is supposed to be somewhat lean when it's not under boost though you will get better answers from people on here who know more about it.

  5. #5
    Leendert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
    Posts
    918
    +1
    73
    Ok So 10.9 at 6000 RPM is super rich so what is your question.
    It's good to have leaner at low RPMs makes the engine respond faster.

  6. #6
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,340
    +1
    121
    Glen is right on the 51, that is a good place to start with your setup and stock injectors. Those lean numbers at low RPM are normal on your setup. Remember there is no load on your motor at idle or in the midrange. At WOT just make sure you don't see anything higher than 12.5...12.2ish is good. I am guessing you're gonna be really rich if your base is 60psi.

    To give you an idea I was tuning an FZR yesterday with R3, ET 15.5 wheels, and stock injectors. I ended up at around 50-52 base pressure. 12.3ish AFR at WOT. 8660 RPM and 85.5 mph.

  7. #7
    Ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    825
    +1
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    You should get a professional to tune that thing so you stop blowing engines... from what I understand it is supposed to be somewhat lean when it's not under boost though you will get better answers from people on here who know more about it.
    there's no professional here on yamaha pwc.
    so I have to tune myself my ski.

  8. #8
    Ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    825
    +1
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Leendert View Post
    Ok So 10.9 at 6000 RPM is super rich so what is your question.
    It's good to have leaner at low RPMs makes the engine respond faster.

    yes... I know it's super rich at 6000 but I was scared from leaner values at lower rpm.

  9. #9
    Ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    825
    +1
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Glen is right on the 51, that is a good place to start with your setup and stock injectors. Those lean numbers at low RPM are normal on your setup. Remember there is no load on your motor at idle or in the midrange. At WOT just make sure you don't see anything higher than 12.5...12.2ish is good. I am guessing you're gonna be really rich if your base is 60psi.

    To give you an idea I was tuning an FZR yesterday with R3, ET 15.5 wheels, and stock injectors. I ended up at around 50-52 base pressure. 12.3ish AFR at WOT. 8660 RPM and 85.5 mph.

    thanks for the info.
    so 51 could be a good value... and I don't care of lean at low rpm...
    so when I will finish break in period then I will lower fuel pressure.

  10. #10
    you should care because those readings are not normal for that reflash.does the fpr have its independent line to the manifold ? vacuum reading at idle ? how does your ski sound at idle ? these skis dont like to idle lean usually 10.5 - 11.5 is smooth.check your O2 sensor to make sure it is not getting wet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. If you tube on your PWC, how do you set it up?
    By truwrxtacy in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 03:36 PM
  2. where to set fuel pressure with r3 reflash & stock wheel
    By wave15stx in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 01:55 PM
  3. How do you get your Polaris to the Lake
    By ph2ocraft in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 08:40 AM
  4. How do you get to the second SS box hose/back of ski?
    By PuprleNuprleGPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 08:08 AM
  5. How do you explain to your wife that...
    By Pale Rider in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •